Retail Distribution Center Delivery Lead - Brandon
Company: Ashley Furniture
Posted on: December 31, 2018
The Warehouse Lead assists the Warehouse Supervisor directing the daily activities of the warehouse. Including Employees supervision and proper utilization of space, equipment and man power. Provides leadership, direction and monitors the targets accomplishments. Responsible For: The Warehouse Lead is responsible for supporting the operations of the Distribution Center by responding to the changing environment and driving processes relating to Customer Service, assembling, conditioning, inventory of products and delivery. Accountable For: The Warehouse Lead is accountable and maintains accountability for the safe, efficient and Lean Operation of the facility and equipment. The Warehouse Lead is also accountable for the productivity goals and quality (picking, put-away, receiving, MTOs, customer pick up, etc.) to ensure a lean, efficient execution in every process. Job Functions
- Supervises and monitors activities engaged in receiving, stocking, picking, assembling, conditioning, inventory handling and delivery.
- Complies and enforces day-to-day standards.
- Ensures team members are working at a rapid pace to meet the pieces per hour goals without sacrificing safety and accuracy/quality.
- Implements warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Evaluates and monitors housekeeping, security and sanitation levels on a daily basis.
- Reviews 6S evaluation scores to ensure sustainability of these operational process.
- Ensures safety in their designated areas of the warehouse be ensuring warehouse is neat and secure, and that damages to product, equipment and facility is prevented.
- Ensures dress code and professionalism is maintained at its highest levels at all times.
- Reports and inspect physical conditions of the warehouse, equipment, maintenance, repair or replacement as necessary.
- Ensures standard operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, or salvaging products are being met.
- Audits and physically inspects product location after receiving or picking product to/from inventory, looking for any errors or quality problems.
- Receiving audit
- Consolidate product
- Responsible for Customer pick up
- Supervises the warehouse tasks of locates, picking and inspecting of product for customer, assists in loading product into vehicle.
- Ensures proper conduct and presentation while working with customers.
- Assesses employees are utilizing proper customer service approaches and techniques to ensure customer's needs, complaints and issues are successfully resolved within the HomeStore Warehouse guidelines and standards.
- Conducts education and mentors staff in best practices of receiving, storing and picking products from inventory.
- Define quality/performance measures as well as targeted levels.
- Monitors the execution of strategies developed for achieving targeted measures.
- Responsible for continuous improvement.
- Monitors the achievement and execution of targeted levels.
- Implements strategies for achieving targeted levels
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Maintains reliable attendance.
- Actively participates in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
- Assists with training other employees
- Completes other assignments and special projects as requested. Job Requirements Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent Experience
- 1 year working in a warehouse environment required
- 1-10 months of inventory control preferred
- 6 months of supervisory experience License or Certifications
- Good Standing Driver's License Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Displays empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires
- Warehouse functions
- Ability to use some industrial machinery
- Knowledge of proper methods for lifting/stacking and leverage
- Basic computer functions
- Strong product knowledge
- Strong attention to details
- Manages multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Problem solve and makes decisions especially in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Provides effective leadership, promotes teamwork and demonstrates the ability to lead people to get results
- Possesses and demonstrates leadership skills and initiative to complete tasks
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Performs under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Responds professionally in situations with difficult employees issues or inquiries
Keywords: Ashley Furniture, Brandon , Retail Distribution Center Delivery Lead - Brandon, Professions , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!