Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Pharmacy Technician with HCA Florida Brandon Hospital you can
be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!$3,000
SIGN ON BONUS (restrictions apply)BenefitsHCA Florida Brandon
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the HCA Florida Brandon Hospital family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Pharmacy Technician to help us reach
our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and QualificationsWe
are seeking Registered Pharmacy Technician. We are looking for
dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Pharmacy team.
As our Pharmacy Tech you would prepare and dispense drugs in
accordance with the standard procedures. You will also document and
maintain appropriate records. Join us in our efforts to better our
community.As a Pharmacy Technician:
- You will count, package, and label unit does for inspection by
- You will assist pharmacists as directed, including filling
orders and preparing labels.
- You will perform quality control and auditing functions to
ensure that all medications are appropriately available to
- You will prepare I.V. mixtures and operates automated
- You will maintain pharmacy inventory and performs clerical
- You will actively contribute to work toward hospital
improvement meeting the core measures and service excellence
- You will be required to follow established guidelines for
reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in
the patients care which results in patient harm.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) preferred
- State certification as a Pharmacy Tech
- Previous pharmacy tech preferred with a minimum of 1-year
experience in a hospital setting.
- Pharmacy knowledge including medical terminology and
prescription drug names.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is
a 400 bed acute care hospital in Brandon, FL. We offer many
services including a heart & vascular center, behavioral health
center and a women's center. Our women's center includes a 36 bed
neonatal intensive care unit. We have a reflux center and a
bariatric center. We are dedicated to quality and devoted to our
community. We have been named a top 100 hospital in America many
times. Our intensive care unit has been named a top 100 ICU. Join
our friendly hospital with its caring staff located just south of
Tampa. We are proud of our colleagues who contribute to the care
and services of patients. Whether it is clinical care or our
support staff, everyone has an important role in contributing to
the health of our community. We hope you'll consider a career at
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "There is so much good to do in the world and so many
different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Technician
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Brandon , Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!