Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead (Experienced) - Deposit
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Purpose of Job About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
We are seeking a talented Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead to join our
team. This person will work in a Hybrid setting and will therefore
need to be within a commutable distance to one of our USAA
Hybrid schedules available for our San Antonio TX, Plano TX,
Charlotte NC, Phoenix AZ, Colorado Springs CO, or Tampa FL
Uses quantitative methods to identify credit risk, develop and
deliver credit strategies, and monitor credit performance for
consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable growth within
risk appetite. Owns and drives mitigation of operational and
compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors
internal and external factors impacting credit strategy performance
for bank portfolio products. Job Requirements Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages, applies and shares industry leading practices and
analytical skills to identify risks and opportunities within the
managed portfolio and translates results into strategic solutions
with the delivery of credit risk strategies.
- Leverages banking product knowledge and critical thinking
skills to lead analyses, identify root causes, and develop clear
and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategy
development and influence senior decision makers.
- Leads and partners to deliver Bank credit risk strategies
across lines of defense by effectively developing and improving
complex analytical frameworks, analyzing data and processes, and
clearly communicating insights/recommendations to key stakeholders
and senior leadership.
- Leads the analysis of internal and external scores/data for use
in identifying first party fraud.
- Leverages industry knowledge and competitive benchmarking to
lead, inform, and influence credit strategy development.
- Proactively Identifies the need for and leads development of
advanced and nuanced quantitative analysis based upon internal and
external data sources to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous
and challenging problems.
- Responsible for the development, management, and presentation
of comprehensive risk and financial reporting in support of senior
management and committee oversight of existing and emerging risks
and escalates the quality and direction of credit performance to
appropriate levels of management.
- Leads the design and execution of complex financial risk
- Leads the creation and management of credit strategy
infrastructure and ensures credit strategies are implemented as
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze
- Provides thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team
members regarding analytics and risk management.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to guide & facilitate teams
in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Leads and coaches team to develop analytically derived insights
and the lead to strategic plans with significant impact to business
- Coaches and mentors other analysts and acts as a thought leader
within the analyst community.
- May have model ownership responsibilities and drive
accountability for quantitative model requirement definition and/or
implementation of advanced credit and/or financial modeling
infrastructure. Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor s Degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in an analytical field or work focused on
leading analytical projects, advanced analytics, and risk
assessments or leading the analysis and interpretation of complex
bank credit risk data to align to team strategy; OR an advanced
degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or
in a Mathematical discipline and 6 years of experience in an
analytical field or work focused on leading analytical projects,
advanced analytics, and risk assessments or leading the analysis
and interpretation of complex bank credit risk data to align to
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk and/or
- Advanced presentation and communication skills.
- Advanced business acumen and attention to detail and
- Advanced research and investigation skills and demonstrated
good judgement in problem solving.
- Experience influencing cross functional stakeholders to action
by communicating complex analytical insights and risk mitigating
- Experience developing and improving a variety of risk related
- Experience coaching and guiding peers on analytics, and/or risk
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to
develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other
business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g., SPS or Visual
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: FCRA, Reg B, UDAAP/UDAP, OCC Heightened
Standards, OCC CREDIT RISK GUIDANCE.Preferred Experience:
- Extensive experience in developing risk strategies and
- Extensive experience with variable analysis and risk
- Advanced business acumen and attention to detail and
- Advanced research, investigation skills and good judgement
- Experience working with transactional level data for Deposit or
- Large, complex bank/financial institution experience
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, R, Python and/or other
- Experience communicating and presenting complex concepts to
executive leadership The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600-$211,700
.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.To see details on our outstanding
benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards. Relocation assistance is not
available for this position
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead (Experienced) - Deposit, Professions , Lutz, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!