Company: HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your
ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation
of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our
patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a
team where patient focus is number one, apply now! Memorial has
been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of
south Tampa for more than 40 years.? Conveniently located near
downtown Tampa, the183-bed acute care hospital is Joint Commission
accredited and provides 24-hour emergency care, behavioral health,
cardiovascular services, general surgery and imaging and diagnostic
services. Specialized services include a new Surgical Center
featuring the latest da Vinci robotic systems, a multiphase
expansion to include new private patient rooms, an accredited
Diagnostic Sleep Lab, Florida Bariatric Center, behavioral health,
digital mammography, Health 4 Seniors, women s health and wound and
hyperbaric medicine. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development
of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you
need to succeed in our organization. We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee
stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity.???????????????? ? We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability
status.??????????????????????????????????????????? The Monitor Tech
monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring
station. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability
to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over
extended period of time.Ability to quickly make decisions to report
patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Associated topics: blood
collection, hematopathology, mls, mlt, molecular, sample
collection, scientist, technician, technician ii, testing
Keywords: HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital, Brandon , Monitor Technician, Professions , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!