Business Operations Analyst Senior (Remote Optional)
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Operations Analyst Senior for
any of the following locations: San Antonio, TX Office, Plano, TX
Office, Phoenix, AZ Tampa, FL Offices or the Colorado Office This
person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work
Consults with the business to understand and define opportunities
and recommends solutions by analyzing data and providing key
insights to inform decisions. Provides subject matter expertise on
all matters of business analytical or operational data needs. Works
closely with enterprise and business process owners to integrate
data analytics into business processes to improve business
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
* Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
* Partners and collaborates with the business and Information
Technology to meet the needs for COSA data reporting, analytics,
and complex projects deliverables.
* Performs complex compilation, analysis and reporting of COSA
data; delivers key insights and recommendations on data trends to
inform leaders and drive decisions.
* Applies advanced subject matter technical knowledge in consulting
and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters
related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
* Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data
delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their
contribution to resolving business issues.
* Proactively and fluidly Interacts across key stakeholders to
deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting
* Influence key stakeholders on approaches and solutions for data
reporting, analytics and complex projects deliverables.
* Applies intermediate knowledge of information systems and data
infrastructure to provide business and technical guidance to
* Maintains a strong understanding of business processes,
supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
* Proactively communicates between business/enterprise processes
and analytics team to improve delivery, value and integration of
analytics into business/enterprise processes.
* Partners with technology group to define business requirements,
perform user acceptance testing and implement changes.
* Provides guidance to junior analysts to further technical acumen
with data & analytics community.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM) or related degree discipline required OR 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 6 years of reporting and/or data management experience with
accountability for complex tasks and/or projects leveraging
applicable tools and languages (Example: SQL, Python, GGplot,
* Demonstrated knowledge of the function/discipline through
application of knowledge, skills, abilities, and technologies
towards work products. (Example: Querying, Data Wrangling, Report
Development, Requirements Gathering).
* Demonstrated business acumen in the areas of the business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deliver
information effectively to all levels of management.
* Knowledge of applicable compliance and regulatory data
requirements and ability to develop, document, and maintain
policy/procedures in adherence to these requirements.
* Experience using Snowflake/Cloud Computing.
* Horizontal and vertical hierarchy communication skills.
* 4+ years of experience using SQL, SAS, or Python
* Working knowledge of Tableau and Dremio
* Prior experience communicating with both business and IT teams in
technical and non-technical speak.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 -
$158,900*(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Business Operations Analyst Senior (Remote Optional), Professions , Dover, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!