Mental Health Technician IPF
Company: Brandon Regional Hospital
Posted on: March 26, 2020
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along
Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility
offering a number of specialty services including the Heart &
Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and
minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health
Center, The Women's Center, which includes our Baby Suites and 22
bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a
designated Bariatric Center of Excellence.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program.
Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Mental Health Tech is a non-licensed attendant who contributes
to the patient care process by assisting with activities of daily
living; performing basic patient care activities and maintaining a
safe, clean environment for individually assigned patients. The
Mental Health Tech is under the supervision of a licensed
registered nurse. The Mental Health Tech considers the special
needs of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient in performing
appropriate interventions. The position's tasks and
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
* At least one year of experience working within the mental
health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
* Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Brandon Regional Hospital, Brandon , Mental Health Technician IPF, Professions , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!