Company: Oakview Terrace Assisted Living Facility
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Purpose: *
To provide nutritious and attractive meals to the residents and
guests of our community, and maintain a supervisory role of the
Food and Beverage staff in the absence of the Food and Beverage
The responsibilities of the Cook include, but are not limited to
* Arriving to and punching in for work, on-time, for the scheduled
* Follows standardized recipes and production sheets when preparing
* Adjusts recipes for amounts need as necessary.
* Follows requirements for special diets.
* Ensures the correct quantities of foods are made and correct
portions are served.
* May be required to review portion sizes with staff prior to
* Prepares food based on the production schedules utilizing
* Inspects ingredients and does not allow poor quality food to be
produced and/or served.
* Takes temperatures of foods during preparation and prior to
* Ensures food temperature standards are met and logged
* Follows HACCP standards while producing food to ensure food
safety measures are met.
* Tastes food prior to service and adjusts seasonings as needed,
mindful of therapeutic diets.
* Always has food ready on time for meal service.
* Follows safety precautions when using kitchen equipment.
* Alerts supervisor to problems and concerns with equipment
* Cleans and sanitizes equipment and work surfaces during
production as per standards.
* Changes apron frequently if soiled.
* Checks dishes, linens and utensils for cleanliness.
* Maintains neat, clean work areas.
* Walks into dining areas to ensure resident satisfaction with the
prepared meal and shares feedback with Food and Beverage
* Demonstrates dependability in attendance and completion of job
* Practices personal cleanliness.
* Wears a clean uniform with shirt tails tucked in.
* Hair pulled back and covered as per department dress code.
* Approaches all customers, co-workers and guests of the dining
room in a courteous and friendly manner.
* Completes all other reasonable duties as requested by
* Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook, as well as any training provided
by the facility's in-servicing programs.
* Reports to the Director of Dining Services and/or Cook Supervisor
*Job Knowledge Expectations*
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
- Fire and safety procedures
- Safe food handling requirements
- Infection control procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* New Port Richey, FL 34653: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Oakview Terrace Assisted Living Facility, Brandon , Cook, Other , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!