Asset Services - Corporate Actions Subject Matter Expert, SVP (Tampa/NJ)
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Asset Servicing Operations & Technology department is
responsible for day-to-day operational servicing of Citi
Institutional Clients Group's (ICG) Corporate Actions processing,
as well as supporting and maintaining the Technology behind it. The
Asset Servicing Technology team is responsible for defining and
executing changes for the Asset Servicing Operations and Technology
Organization. - The team's remit includes:
- Implementation of infrastructure and functional changes within
the Asset services technology platform to support automation,
process changes and control improvements. -
- Engaging with the operations stakeholders to define and monitor
the benefits of these changes, both qualitative and
- Building the technology platform to support all products
covered by Asset Servicing globally and project interactions with
all internal and external stakeholders. - Asset services Technology
groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that
support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in
providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined
how to provide technology and service in our domain through the
alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement
plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based
containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create,
explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting
safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization
is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our
capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language
processing and machine learning. - PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:This role is
within ICG Markets Asset Services Technology. - Asset Servicing is
represented Globally across the NAM, EMEA and APAC regions. The
Asset Servicing department is an integral part of the ICG O&T
division and has responsibility for processing Corporate Actions
events for Firms and client's positions. It is one of the highest
risk areas within operations. The unit provides client-orientated
support to both the front and middle offices and utilizes all
processes of the other areas of operations. The department
supports, Prime Brokerage, Firm trading desks, Stock Lending, Repo,
and SWAPS for both Equity and Fixed Income.The Asset Services
Subject Matter Expert role is a senior individual contributor role
to provide expert guidance around Corporate Action events
processing, agnostic to a particular platform/legal entity/region.
The role will require interaction with various operations groups
including Asset Services operations, Middle Office groups,
Settlements, Margin etc. to define corresponding solutions, and
work with Technology to implement these solutions, whilst enhancing
risk and control frameworks, aligning to company strategy and
vision. The role will report directly into the program manager of
Asset services technology, and will be responsible for directing
change, design and implementation of Asset services products and
solutions. This role will also be engaged in thorough testing of
these implementations, identifying any deviations from the provided
specifications, gaps in end-to-end processing, or any potential
risks in operational model which could lead to manual touch points
or processing failures. Deep knowledge of Corporate Actions
processing is expected. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and be a key lead in strategic automation for all
platforms. Identify areas for Manual Touch point reduction and
demonstrate working towards simplification strategy.
- Key contact for any new business initiatives that impact Asset
- Work closely with internal groups and business analysts to come
up with solutions for building Asset services platform new
functionality and upgrades.
- Develop individual project artefacts as necessary, including
Business Requirements Documentation (BRD's), Functional
Requirements Documentation (FRD's), test planning and scenario
documents for user acceptance testing (UAT), project plans as
required for all key technical deliveries. -
- Develop Business and Functional requirements using the Agile
Methodology using JIRA tool to document User Stories, Bugs and
Improvements. Includes conducting refinement meetings with Scrum
teams and Sprint Planning.
- Provide direction and solutions on risks and controls in
various functions, working closely with operations in current day
to day processes and operating model.
- Day-day management of individual project responsibilities
including milestone setting, task and actions management,
co-ordination and execution of plan within required timescales and
to stakeholder quality expectations. -
- Management of multiple projects and sub-tasks
- Identify key project risks, whether stated or not, and manage
to resolution or escalate accordingly.
- Assist in the organization and delivery of presentations for a
variety of purposes.
- Monitor and review business trends via Error, KPI's and metric
analysis and implement corrective action plans to maintain the
culture of preventative action, and build preventive measures in
- Ability to pro-actively escalate internally within Operations,
Control, ORM and Business and come to consensus on remediation
build in the system. CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS - Previous Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Significant experience in Tier 1 global financial
- At least 6-8 years of experience and SME knowledge in Asset
Servicing, with experience in Corporate Action Processing.
Understanding of Stock Record; long/shorts, and various position
types including stock lending positions. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of corporate actions functions, processing of these
events, and how various issues and controls that need to be
implemented for successful processing.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who
can positively and productively add product impact to both
strategic and tactical technology.
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and
- Ability to deals with complex and variable issues with
substantial potential impact, where development of an
approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives
and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize
and validate potentially complex material from multiple
- Creates long-term value by identifying and fixing root causes
- Ability to Lead by example in support of organizational
initiatives by exhibiting in-depth knowledge of asset services
functions and issues and proactively seeking opportunities to work
- Strong risk management and control mind-set; understanding of
the critical risks and necessary controls related to corporate
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual
information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on
diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented. Can give
direction to developers on the right way of processing a corporate
action, which is an industry standard.
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals
throughout the business with a clear client orientation.
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice
perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization's model
and its future development.
- Real-world experience across the project lifecycle, including
analysis, design, development, testing and implementation - either
waterfall or agile. -
- Collecting, defining and documenting business and technology
requirements is a plus. -
- Credible experience of successfully implemented projects in the
financial services industry, preferably within Citi or equivalent
organization is a plus.
- Managing, organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and
- Preparing and executing test scripts.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Family:Business Analysis / Client
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Citigroup
Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review . View
the "" poster. View the .View the .View the
-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Brandon , Asset Services - Corporate Actions Subject Matter Expert, SVP (Tampa/NJ), Other , Lutz, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!