Company: Dallas 1 Construction & Dev.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Tail Person performs all duties associated with assisting the
Pipe Layer in Laying Pipe for Sanitary Sewer, Waterline, Storm
Sewer and Box Culvert Construction. Also, working with other
members of the construction crew to successfully complete projects
within specifications and in a quality manner to meet or exceed
customer expectations. Duties and responsibilities:
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements using transit
levels, lasers, and grade rods.
- Connect pipe and seal joints.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for connection (Homing
- Tighten bolts and ensure gaskets are inserted correctly.
- Prepares and grades trenches either manually or by
communicating with equipment operators.
- Maintain proper grade with shovel in pipe trench.
- performs other duties as required or assigned
- Knowledge of grading procedures.
- Knowledge of Trench Safety Standards (sloping, shoring,
- Ability to keep trench and pipe straight and on-grade.
- Ability to properly assemble pipes, joints, junctions,
- Must have your own reliable transportation to and from the job
- Ability to set assist in setting up a laser, grade rods, and
- Working knowledge of different types of pipe including,
sanitary, storm, and water pipe.
- Knowledge of how to operate a street saw.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in assisting Pipe Layer
in laying sanitary, storm, and water pipe.
- Must be able to perform manual labor in all types of
environments and conditions. Physical requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors and withstand different weather
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, crawl, squat, climb, kneel, push,
pull, and crouch. **Must be able to Pass Drug Test &
Physical****Proficient skills with Lasers, Line & Grade- Deep
Excavation and Dewatering is a plus.** PM21 PI186640830
Keywords: Dallas 1 Construction & Dev., Brandon , Pipelayer Apprentice, Other , Thonotosassa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!