Business Information Architect Senior - Remote
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Business Information
Architect Senior for our San Antonio, Texas facility. This person
may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
The candidate selected for the Position will engage with internal
enterprise customers and/or support other USAA entities. The
candidate will work to convert complex business needs into
meaningful information through the creation of organized, cohesive
design artifacts. Artifacts can/will include information models,
capabilities, mappings, success measures, governance documents,
The candidate will also collaborate with various leaders and
partnered Architecture Disciplines (Technical and Business) as well
as participate in forums and agile practices. Job Requirements
About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the
financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their
families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative
thinking at every level. About USAA IT Our most meaningful
qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit
in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who
rely on us every day. We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and
we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a
team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology
professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're
continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us,
you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue
learning and growing. Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance
practices and standards.
- Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to
include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance
Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information
- Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of
the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information
capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given
business domain and recommends solutions.
- Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success
factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and
- Applies knowledge to reference models to information
architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models
to articulate business information requirements.
- Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business
cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical
- Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance
of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given
- Influence direction and implementation of measurement
frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and
providing consultative services.
- Monitors business and development activities and ensures
alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate
action when deviation is observed.
- Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction,
logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities,
information categories, business entities, and conceptual
- Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of
IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee
relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately
- Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence
information architecture direction, technical and data design
- Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used
in solution development and delivery. Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related information management
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture
to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; OR If
Advanced degree, 4 years experience in information or data
- Previous experience with modern data architecture environments
(Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization,
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data
analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that
molds the way user experiences are designed.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural
principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate
appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes
written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. When
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Information Management
Disciplines such as Data Quality, Data Lineage, Metadata
Management, and Data Governance.
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies such as AWS, GCP, and
- Knowledge and experience working across multiple organizational
- Experience in conceptional modeling utilizing tools such as
Erwin and IDA.
- Knowledge of analytical environments and tools
- Modern data architecture experience (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL,
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job. Compensation: USAA has an
effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this skill is: $106,800 - $192,300 Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Business Information Architect Senior - Remote, Other , Seffner, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!