Company: Access Healthcare Physicians, LLC
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Title: Telephone Operator
Reports To: Team Lead / Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Summary: Receives and relays incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
Schedules appointments, provides information to inquirers and
transfers calls, as appropriate. Collects, verifies and enters
scheduling information as needed. Provides clerical support as
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Answer phone promptly and in a polite and professional
* Triage patients accordingly and send to-dos to proper provider
and bring patient in to walk in to be seen.
* Schedule appointments for patients, make calls to reschedule
appointments as requested.
* Direct other calls to other departments as needed.
* Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset
patients and understand when to escalate calls to practice
* Provides assistance with mailings and other projects as call
* Obtain and enter accurate demographic information (address,
telephone number, insurance), schedule appointments correctly
review appointment date, time, location.
* Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including
insurance card, medications, New Patient paperwork).
* Remind patient to arrive 15-30 minutes before scheduled
appointment to complete paperwork.
* Answer questions and offer other information, as requested.
* Performs other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Basic computer literacy.
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Must have experience with customer service and multi-line
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Basic typing and keyboarding skills.
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Familiarity with computers and other office equipment.
* Maintain calm and positive attitude in stressful situations. Able
to respond to changing workload and work environment.
* Must be a team player and work to accomplish common goals in the
* Must be able to multi task and work in a fast-paced
* Ability maintain professionalism always.
* Ability to complete work tasks in a timely manner.
* Must maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with clinic
policy and HIPPA guidelines.
* A high level of integrity and trust.
* Follows established policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
* One year of customer service experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
* Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
* Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems
such as filing and record keeping.
* Knowledge of HIPAA rules.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one- on one
situations to patients, visitors, and other employees of the
Must be able to frequently move, stand, sit, bend, and stoop, kneel
or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. The
noise level of the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Keywords: Access Healthcare Physicians, LLC, Brandon , Telephone Operator, Other , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!