ASC Scheduling Coordinator - PRN AS NEEDED
Company: Florida Medical Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our
Job Summary: Manages all clerical duties relative to the
peri-operative visit.THIS IS A PRN AS NEEDED POSITIONWHAT DOES FMC
HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?We offer a wide choice of compensation
and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive
salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of
the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for
- Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability,
Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution
after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality
serviceEssential Functions of the Position:
- Prepares charts prior to visit.
- Chooses appropriate blank medical record packet, specific to
the surgery/procedure to be performed.
- Ensures every record contains:
- Booking Sheet, if applicable
- Anesthesia paperwork, if applicable
- Lab results, if indicated on Physician Orders
- Encounter forms
- History and Physicals
- Physician Orders
- Discharge paperwork
- Registration paperwork
- Co-payment sheets with amount filled out
- Consent forms
- Extra chart labels
- Stickers each page of medical record with patient ID label
neatly and appropriately.
- Files paperwork into correct, divided sections of binder
several days in advance of procedure.
- Ensures nursing staff have all charts ready and available for
preoperative contact the morning prior to scheduled
- Enters patient information into Amkai system in timely fashion.
- Prints schedule from Intergy and enters information as provided
on booking sheet.
- Schedules procedure/surgery in appropriate timeslot as required
per physician block, procedure type, etc.
- Removes no shows and cancelled appointments by end of each
- Enters case history after completion of procedure.
- Monitors Intergy schedule daily for add-ons and cancellations,
making new charts accordingly.
- Verifies authorizations for upcoming procedures have been
obtained by physician offices.
- Communicates effectively with physician office scheduling staff
for any outstanding paperwork / requirements.
- Flags chart for Check In staff of any outstanding requirements
the afternoon prior to scheduled procedure.
- Creates appointments in Intergy for any liver biopsy or
bronchoscopy cases, as informed by physician office (ZH only).
- Reviews encounter forms for completeness and accuracy. Submits
to FMC CBO daily. Resolves inquiries from billing departments in
- Breaks charts down from binders and sequences in proper order
in preparation for scanning.
- Maintains the Front Office area.
- Answers telephone courteously and in a quiet, pleasant
- Accepts and relays messages in an effective manner (telephone
- Maintains order and cleanliness of front office and work
- Orders toner for printer or copier, as needed. Enters work
orders for printer/copier repairs.
- Responds to inquires from patients and family members in
waiting room, notifies family members of discharge status as
requested by nursing staff
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and
assigned, including assisting with Check In/Admitting Coordinator
duties as needed.
- Maintains all required regulatory training and participates in
- Annual Risk Management Education
- Annual OSHA training
- Quarterly fire drills
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability; able to sit for long periods
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks
- Low risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Strong customer service orientation
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday 5:00AM-1:30PM
- Previous Medical Office experience preferredWe are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard
to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status#IND123
Keywords: Florida Medical Clinic, Brandon , ASC Scheduling Coordinator - PRN AS NEEDED, Other , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!