ER Tech II Full Time Nights - Wesley Chapel, FL
Location: Wesley Chapel
Posted on: September 15, 2021
ER Tech II AdventHealth Wesley
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- From state- of- the- art equipment
to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley
Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient
care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient
satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare
Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health &
- Comprehensive women’s health center
named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician
specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical
therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace
in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7
emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency
health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible
Includes the following behaviors in the
delivery of patient care daily:
- Introduces self to patient and
explains role in their care.
- Calls patient by his or her
- Rounds with previous shift staff
and receives report on care given to patients.
- Uses a handshake or a touch on the
- Uses the mission, vision, and value
statements in delivering your care.
- Includes the following 7 “Patient
First” behaviors in the delivery of patient care daily:
- Make the Time: when leaving the
bedside ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- Take the Time: Scripted “Welcome”,
Orient patient/ and family to treatment area.
- Plan the Time: Inform patients what
- Explain the Time: explain what you
are doing and how it will benefit the patient.
- Account for the Time: apologize and
account for delays and use service recovery if
- Pick the Time and Place: for
confidential conversations, venting, personal, etc.
- Thank them for their Time: End on a
positive note-inform of what happens next, provide education, and
mention patient satisfaction survey.
- Contributes to a positive working
- Demonstrating a supportive learning
- Exhibiting flexibility.
- Being open to change.
- Sensitive to department and
- Effectively participates in
conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Promotes timely patient placement
by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge, and
- Demonstrates awareness of factors
by all of the following:
- Correct utilization of Pyxis system
- Returns dirty equipment to supply
room when not in use.
- Complies with decisions made for
staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
- Provides care to patients in
accordance with standards of care:
- Provides assistance with basic
hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living
- Assists in maintaining patient skin
- Turning and repositioning patient
according to policy.
- Uses techniques to prevent skin
shearing when moving patients.
- Notifies nurse if skin breakdown
- Urine specimen collection and
- Performs splinting. Performs
pre and post splinting checks and documents
- Inserts IV catheters in peripheral
veins, installs locks, applies dressing and documents per hospital
- Provides correctly adjusted
crutches, instructs patient on crutch walking and
- Removes Urinary Catheters and
- Reports observations to
- Performs simple clean dressing
changes and documents.
- Performs accucheks and hemocults
per hospital procedure and documents if credentialed.
- Discontinues Nasogastric tubes,
disposes of in accordance with hospital Biohazardous waste policy
and Documents on patient record.
- Removes peripheral IV catheters,
disposes of in accordance with hospital Biohazardous waste
- Observes site and notifies nurse of
- Documents on patient
- Performs unit-based phlebotomy for
patient lab tests and documents.
- Empties Foley bags.
- Documents on patient
- Documents patient care according to
- Intake and Output
- Vital Signs
- Activities of Daily Living
- Specimen Collection
- Takes vital signs and measures
- Transports patients, medical
records, and equipment to destinations within scheduled time
frames, observing correct techniques.
- Assists in positioning, lifting,
and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and
- Rounds frequently on patients in
- Answers call lights in a timely
- Communicates patient requests,
problems or concerns to the nurse.
- Weighs patients using correct
- Distributes linen
- Supports nutritional needs of the
- Provides water, juice when
- Assisting with meal
- Feeding patients within identified
- Performs unit errands and returns
to the unit promptly when errand completed
- Prioritizes responsibilities and
utilizes time effectively to accomplish duties in necessary
- Keeps nurse informed when leaving
and upon returning to unit.
- Conforms to patient care policy
standard for dress code expectations
- Follows hospital policy for patient
identification and use of two identifiers 100% of the time for all
specimen collections and patient related activities.
- Uses universal precautions 100% of
- Follows identified patient
- Performs good hand-washing
techniques before, during, and after patient care 100% of the
- Maintains exemplary clean and
uncluttered patient environment.
- Integrates age-specific standards
when providing care under the direction of nurse as evidenced
- Communicates in appropriate manner
for patient level of understanding.
- Maintains safe environment
utilizing appropriate equipment and safety devices, based on
- Performs procedures utilizing
appropriate sized equipment and age parameters.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize
age specific parameters and implement age related care under the
direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Supports education by identifying
and reporting patient/family responses to information.
- Demonstrates safety in care of
patients with restraints:
- Observes that restraints are tied
- Follows protocol for restraint use
appropriate for scope of practice.
- Reports any patient behavioral
changes to the nurse.
- Assists with patient ADL’s,
toileting and feeding.
- Observes and reports to the nurse
skin integrity changes associated with restraints.
- Demonstrates responsibility for
patient safety related to falls:
- Responds immediately to patient
attempting to leave bed.
- Responds to call bells in a timely
- Is proactive in meeting toileting
needs of patients.
- Aware of location of Crash Cart and
able to initiate CPR if needed.
- Handles dirty linen properly and in
accordance with hospital policy.
- Completes all mandatory educational
- Completes CNA/NT self-study
educational packets when offered
- Attends 75% of unit staff meetings
and reviews all meeting minutes if meeting is not
- Maintains unit based mandatory
requirements (i.e. BLS).
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Individuals must possess these
knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to
demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the
job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School education or equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR
- Florida State CNA, EMT, Medical
Assistant; or Completion of Fundamentals of Nursing (transcript)
- Current American Heart Association
Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire.
- One hour of Hip & Knee replacement
surgery education required within 6 months of hire date, then
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
certification (CPI) within 6 months of hire date
Perform specific tasks or routines
supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned nursing unit
under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with
Division of Nursing standards.
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Brandon , ER Tech II Full Time Nights - Wesley Chapel, FL, Other , Wesley Chapel, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!