Medical Technologist Certified Full Time Evenings (3p-11:30p) Zephyrhills
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Medical Technologist AdventHealth
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- Day One Benefits
- Up to $10K Sign On Bonus
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s
Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and
Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as
a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary
Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced
Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint
Full Time Evenings (3p-11:30p) and rotating
every 3rd weekend
You Will Be Responsible
- Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and
reporting of results in all departments in the clinical
- Maintains accurate laboratory records.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality
- Performs proficiencies, competencies, validated laboratory
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to function in all sections of the clinical laboratory for
which they are licensed.
- Is capable and responsible for performing high-complexity
- Properly performs quality control procedures and instrument
checks. Takes appropriate actions when results are outside of
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- When appropriate, correctly alters or adjusts methods and
procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult or
geriatric patient, appropriate to patient age.
- Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab
values, requests and documents result “readback”.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed,
to include patient testing, calibrations and quality control
- Meets current documentation standards and follows established
policies related to procedures performed for statistics and billing
- Interacts professionally with the Director of Clinical
Laboratory, Pathologist and other healthcare providers.
Communicates effectively regarding patient issues.
- Demonstrates support/responsibility for the overall functioning
of the team. Interacts professionally co-workers, assisting
as needed to complete outstanding work.
- Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate
in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Follows standard precautions at all times with appropriate use
- Manages and operates laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
Follows established policies for equipment maintenance, reporting
and documenting need for repair.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new testing methods, products,
instrumentation; remains informed on all current technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policy, JCAHO, state
and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, communicate
effectively and function well under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates flexibility to adjust to the uneven workflow and
changing priorities of the department.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in
- State of Florida –
Medical Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank,
Microbiology, Serology and Immunology
- Preferred: Medical Tech
Medical Technologist is responsible for
the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in
all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains accurate
laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures;
maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory in accordance
with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to
Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Brandon , Medical Technologist Certified Full Time Evenings (3p-11:30p) Zephyrhills, Other , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!