Correctional Assistant - Citrus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Correctional Assistant who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services, providing
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70
security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are
driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Correctional Assistant performs routine duties in accordance
with established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain
order and provide security in a correctional facility. They will
support the safety initiative by performing security functions
limited to areas without inmate contact.
Read and comprehend, including comprehension and implementation
of actions required to carry out, specific post orders written for
any assigned post, as assigned.
- Monitor the safety practices and the preparation and
dissemination of safety and accident reports as required by policy;
notify appropriate personnel in cases of serious and unusual
incidents and emergencies.
- Use mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide
using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals) to accurately
perform such functions as periodic inmate/resident counts.
- Conduct visual and audio surveillance for extended periods of
time, including the reliable repetitive identification of
inmates/residents by visual means.
- Aid in preventing escapes and perform other duties which may
involve quickly entering and exiting secured areas; effecting the
movement of heavy objects from one place to another; accessing
elevated surfaces; passing through openings; moving over obstacles
in confined areas.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Must complete pre-service correctional officer training.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours and shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Brandon , Correctional Assistant - Citrus, Other , Lecanto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!