GCB Control and Monitoring Design SME
Location: Land O Lakes
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Citi's Global Consumer Business Operational Risk and Controls
(CBORC) organization drives global consistency for addressing
Operational Risk and Control issues in the Global Consumer Bank.
CBORC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and
accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and
mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks. This role
will support restructuring, simplifying, and streamlining MCA
across GCB through control design, effectiveness, and monitoring
strategies to create a robust, comprehensive, and sustainable risk
management framework.-The Control and Monitoring Design Subject
Matter Expert (SME) works in collaboration with MCA content owners
and business process owners to identify, design, document and
assess the quality of suites of Key Controls, Monitoring/Assessment
mechanisms to mitigate significant operational risk types at a
global level. This position will be a critical strategic role to
ensure the risk profiles within the Global businesses are fully
understood and managed appropriately.- As a First Line of Defense
function this person will need to build trusted relationships with
Business Leaders, Process Owners, Regional and Global CBORC
colleagues as well as Second and Third Line partners. A good
understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and
services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives
of the business. The position also requires a thorough
understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined
with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function
and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent
communication skills required in order to negotiate
- Help lead the development and maintenance of standards for
consistent implementation of controls and monitoring.
- Collaborate with MCA Owners (SMP, EMP and business process
owners) to design consistent suites of Preventative Key Controls
using root cause analysis, control and monitoring design assessment
and related techniques.
- Help lead the implementation of a framework to quality assess
the consistency of control and monitoring statements.
- Work with Application SMEs to develop frameworks for embedding
Key Automated Application Controls (KAACs) within MCA.
- Assess business requirements for monitoring statements for
automated monitoring / digital monitoring tools.
- Where appropriate, assist with the development of thematic
testing/assessment of Key Control suites based on SMP and EMP
- Help lead the re-engineering of key processes to deliver best
in class standardized, streamlined and simplified capabilities
across the organization.
- Assist with identifying and managing operational risks,
execution, and monitoring of controls.
- Manage the strengthening the control environment for the
business group supported.
- Drive the implementation of Operational Risk Management policy
and work with business process owners to ensure consistent
implementation within functions.
- Support the delivery of operational risk assessment results and
design strong business metrics that provide line of sight to
business control performance.
- Supports issue mitigation for significant operational breaks,
identification of root cause, make recommendations for future
prevention; provide governance to ensure remediation and
- Partner with Global Functions, including Independent ORM, Risk,
Compliance, Audit and Legal to identify and mitigate cross business
- Support the execution of processes that will deliver on the
expectations set by Citi's Regulators.
- Assist with driving consistency in the application of taxonomy,
alignment with regulations and policies, and accuracy of risk
- Supports multiple programs of work and manage their alignment
to the risk management framework.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Risk professional with exceptional career within consumer
banking risk management.
- Proven experience in process simplification, reengineering and
- Track record of installation of improvement programs and
- Good knowledge of Consumer Operations and Consumer product
offering, services, policies, procedures, regulations, systems, and
- Knowledge of various risks faced by the business and ability to
define risk management mechanisms within the organization. -
- Ability to drive results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.- Ability to explore
alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and
accepted by various parties.
- Proactive and Dynamic with a strategic mindset. Able to
identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical,
interpretive and problem solving techniques.Qualifications
- Degree level or similar
- Controls qualifications desirable
- Accomplished professional with 6+ years of experience in Risk &
Control in a large financial institution.
- Experience using risk and control systems (i.e. CitiRisk)
- Experience in working in a truly global business
- Demonstrable ability in partnering across multi-functional
organizations to bring about change in a specialize function or
Family Group: Risk
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi-) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
Keywords: Citi, Brandon , GCB Control and Monitoring Design SME, Other , Land O Lakes, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!