Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job ID: 457483
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is the leading vertically
integrated supplier of construction materials, and
construction/paving services in the United States. Headquartered in
Tampa, Florida, the Preferred Materials Region has facilities
throughout the State of Florida, as well as Coastal Georgia and
South Carolina. Companies within the Preferred Region are leading
providers of ready mix concrete, concrete block, aggregate
materials, hot mix and warm mix asphalt, as well as design-build
and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil
construction projects. Preferred is committed to being a great
place to work, and to attracting and retaining exceptional
employees. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated
professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of
Summary & Job Scope:
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for
our employees and handling all other aspects of the payroll
function. This includes providing customer service to employees,
HR, and management. In addition, this role will also play a major
part in ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of all payroll
systems, applications, and files. The position of a Payroll
Specialist is to provide support to the payroll office in a variety
of areas including, but not limited to answering employee
payroll-related questions, time and attendance, payroll deductions,
tax withholdings, direct deposit, and record retention.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Process weekly and bi-weekly payrolls including coordinate
processing of information with the appropriate internal/external
parties and maintain supporting documentation.
* Import and process timecard batches daily, verifying data is
accurate and timely.
* Process advance, termination, and other out-of-cycle payments,
including entry and routing of appropriate paperwork.
* Maintain proper filing and documentation of all relevant
documents (timecards, reports, correspondence) pertaining to
* Work in a team environment to ensure accuracy of all payroll data
and complete project work as assigned
* Provide support for incoming phone calls relating to payroll
* Create and distribute weekly certified payroll reports.
* Process child support/other garnishments, employee
reimbursements, employment verifications, etc.
* Support finance with analyzing and reconciling payroll general
ledger accounts as needed.
* Maintain professional demeanor in dealing with
critical/confidential information; restricts discussion/knowledge
of activity to a "need to know" basis.
* Maintain incoming PTO documents through email. Verifying that
they have been entered properly and archived to employee
* Review weekly detail report once final hours have been uploaded,
look for missing or improper coding of time and correct if
* Assist in preparing reports monthly
* Other duties as may be assigned.
* Some college preferred, High School Degree required or GED.
* 3 year(s) plus experience with processing payroll
* Must be proficient using MS Office (Word and Excel), e-mail and
possess an attitude for learning new software.
* Must have excellent alpha/numeric data entry skills.
* Able to read and/ or follow written and verbal instructions and
implement the same.
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and an
ability to work with Management
* High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
* Strong problem-solving skills preferred.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
* Must be 18 years in age or older.
* Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Brandon , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Lutz, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!