Company: Ashley Furniture
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of
furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of
the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create
the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to
some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we
can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional
savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically
located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of
trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Field Recruiter is a self-directed role that supports the
organization by driving candidate flow through various field
activities. This position will develop and execute field recruiting
strategies that enable the company to meet current and/or
anticipated staffing needs. The Field Recruiter maintains a
presence in the community that aids in the understanding of the
pulse of the applicant competition in the surrounding area; this
position will communicate this information and collaborate with the
business to develop strategies to keep us competitive in the
employment market. This position also performs activities that
include screening, interviewing and placing workers in appropriate
positions and updating the Application Tracking System (ATS)
Primary Job Functions:
- Collaborate with the business to gain an understanding of
current and anticipated staffing needs; develop and execute field
recruiting strategies to meet those needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations
and agencies, area job centers, area high schools, trade schools,
technical schools and colleges and universities to aid in the
execution of field recruiting strategies.
- Attend community events such as festivals, parades, sporting
events, etc., reaching out to potential candidates as
- Develop relationships that can aid in the development of a
network of resources to help expand the candidate flow.
- Remain active on social media forums and employ other creative
methods that reach potential candidates.
- Lead and organize local and industry job fairs, as well as
career fairs and events at local high school, college and
- Effectively source qualified job candidates via computer
databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, job fairs,
employee referrals, etc.
- Outreach to candidates in the ATS via email, text, and phone
calls to assess interest, screen, schedule interview or invite to
the facility to complete the interviewing process.
- Post on free sites such as state job service site, school
sites, and social media sites, where not posted by third-party
recruiting advertising agency.
- Ensure marketing materials such as flyers, posters, and yard
signs are posted in the market.
- Interview job applicants to pre-screen for job qualifications
and obtain information regarding candidate work history, training,
education or job skill. Inform applicants of details such as duties
and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working
conditions, and promotion opportunities.
- Review employment applications and requisitions to match
applicants with job requirements; refer qualified job applicants to
managers for interview and tour.
- Assist in hiring employees and process hiring-related
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the
performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field,
or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3 years' experience in recruiting, staffing, sales and/or
public relations, Required
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within an established
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft
Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to
efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult
employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking and Recruiting software
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free
working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all
candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be
contacted. Principals Only.
Keywords: Ashley Furniture, Brandon , Recruiter, Human Resources , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!