Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Cook you want with your current employer? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital which is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Cook where your passion for creating positive
patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for
the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We
want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsNo
Travel Travel RequiredWhat you will do in this role:
- You will prepares, seasons, and cook food for patients, staff,
visitors, and special functions.
- You will review menus to determine types and quantities of
- You Prepares quality food in sufficient quantities to cover all
- You will coordinate timing of preparation in order to meet
service schedules for patients, staff, visitors and catering
- You will adhere to standardization of recipes and portion
control to prevent food waste and control cost.
- You will provide care and sanitation of equipment in production
- You will adhere to sanitation and safety standards (HACCP)
- You will participate in the process of ordering supplies.
- You will give directions to personnel who assist in food
- You will orient and mentors new staff members. What
Qualifications you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of formal training program in food preparation
- Knowledge of basic principles and requirements of food safety
and sanitation required.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to
- Minimum one (1) year of food service experience in quantity
food preparation/production in a hospital, extended care facility,
or other quality food service operation.
- Previous experience in food preparation in a hospital
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long
periods. 1 years experience Required Years of Experience This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital is a
350-bed facility offering a range of services. Oak Hill Hospital is
proud to be a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint
Commission. We are the area's second largest private employer and
offer the area's only Pediatric ER as well as the only open heart
program in Hernando county. Our reputation as one of the area's
premier employers is due, in no small part, to the environment
created by the dedicated people that chose to build their career
with us. Our organization includes superb medical staff, innovative
services, and a dedicated team of talented colleagues. We are
located on Florida's Nature Coast in a great community to raise a
family. Join us and see why we're excited to be in one of Florida's
fastest growing counties. We believe excellent people make
excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work
you'd like to be a part of, we hope you'll consider our careers at
Oak Hill Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's
Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive
years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Cook opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Brandon , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Brooksville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!