ZH-Patient Dining Assoc PRN
Company: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
DescriptionCatering Associate AdventHealth Zephyrhills Location
Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541 Top Reasons
to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America's Best Hospitals for
Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three
years in a row "2017-2019" by the Women's Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General
Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in
2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip
and Total Knee by The Joint Commission Work Hours/Shift: PRN You
Will Be Responsible For:
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when
introducing the Catering to You program, taking menu selections,
delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets
to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of
diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in
accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic
and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patients' diet prescriptions
are accurate, and patients' food needs are met.
- Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if
patient needs anything else.
- Retrieves trays from patients' rooms shortly after completing
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on
liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to
appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental
- Wears name tag identification.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient's rights policy
as outlined in the facility's HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food
supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in
the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions
recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to
department's safety procedures.
- Follows facility and departmental safety policies and
procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies
- Follows the facility's protocols for Hazardous Materials and
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in
disaster drills, as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills
- Responds to utility failures following department
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff
development programs, as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful
attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of Morrison
and Compass as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.QualificationsWhat You
- General knowledge of modified diets and proper food handling
and preparation is required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Customer service experience is preferred Job Summary: The
Catering Associate interacts daily with patients and their
families. Excellent communication and customer service skills are
required. The position is responsible for patient food service on
assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery
and pick up, special requests and needs in-between meal food
delivery. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and
complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws,
regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City, Brandon , ZH-Patient Dining Assoc PRN, Hospitality & Tourism , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!