Registered Nurse (RN) ICU
Company: Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Posted on: June 19, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a
rewarding career as a Registered Nurse? Become part of an awarding
Registered Nurse's here in the ICU department at Doctor's Hospital
of Sarasota. Our
team of Registered Nurse's take pride in nursing. Did you know that
Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top
100 Places to
Work? Become part of our team of Registered Nurse's today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility
located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital
of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division
of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum
of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs
of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida &
Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by
Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for
being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of
the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend
performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101
Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic
Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation.
We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration
record for the delivery of all medications provided to our
patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when
administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented
our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called
Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a 16-bed unit, offering
exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our Registered Nurse
take pride in nursing.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurse, RN, Unit Secretary
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, SCD
machines, Feeding pumps, CRRT, PACS, Accucheck machines, Standard
Critical Care Equipment including Ventilators, BIPAP, Balloon
- ICU hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including:
Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Neuro, Pulmonary, and Pre/Post Cardiac
Cath Lab (Diagnostic and PCI cases).
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS and ACLS through the
American Heart Association; National Institute of Health Stroke
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Prior critical care nursing
experience desired; prior formal critical care internship program
preferred; prior telemetry training/experience preferred with
ability to demonstrate proficiency in rhythm interpretation
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730); Full Time is
considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend;
overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides,
At HCA North, West, Central Florida's and Georgia's 33 hospitals
we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located on the
entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we're on a
journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our
patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare
system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team,
we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and
encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology,
enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
- Current certifications as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the
American Heart Association is required upon hire (ACLS preferred,
required within 6 months of hire).
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Current acute care ICU experience desired. Completion of a
prior formal Critical Care training course desired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, Brandon , Registered Nurse (RN) ICU, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!