Clinic LPN - Multiple Hillsborough County Clinics
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: February 7, 2019
This is a great opportunity to join a growing part of Employer and advance your career!
***Top employer for LPN opportunities! Join our growing WellMed team in various clinic locations throughout Hillsborough County!***
Under the direction of providers (defined as an MD, DO, DPM, NP or PA) or RNs, the LVN/LPN provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and procedures approved by WellMed and applicable state board of nursing. Is an active member of the health care team to assess patients' needs, provide input into the plan of care and implement prescribed interventions.
Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing.
Participates in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well defined health learning needs.
Coordinates patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures and follow up.
Documents chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination.
Telephonically obtains information on chief complaint and symptoms and accurately relays information to provider.
Collects data and performs "focused" nursing assessment of patients; assists in the evaluation of a patient's response to treatment and identifies patient's needs; communicates findings to the provider.
Records patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and/or RN.
Provides a safe environment (OSHA standards) for patients and staff in the clinic.
Ensures patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
Practices standard infection control precautions.
Ensures medication management follows policies and procedures; appropriately documents medications & immunizations in patient records.
Follows laboratory management polices & procedures and CLIA standards; collects lab samples and ensures proper labeling
Fulfills medication refill requests following approved protocols
If certified in IV therapy; starts peripheral lines, monitors and adjusts flow rates, prime IV lines, changes dressing on IV sites (if needed) and discontinues venous lines
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
We have the following clinic locations located throughout the Tampa Bay Area:
508 Habana Ave., Tampa, FL 33609
13301 N. Dale Mabry Ave., Tampa, FL 33618
415 Apollo Beach Blvd, Apollo Beach, FL 33572
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational/Practical Nursing license
- Current BLS certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective listening and communication skills; proper use of grammar and spelling
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with providers/staff, patients, and the community
- Good communication and customer service skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Two or more years of experience in a medical setting
- IV certification
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the Employer family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clinic, lpn, practical nurse, case management, care management, bilingual, certified, registered, geriatric, patient care, clinical care, labs, phlebotomy, EKG, vitals, St. Petersburg, FL, Florida, Largo, Clearwater, St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, Pass-a-Grille, Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, Westchase, South Tampa, Indian Rocks, Madeira, Town and Country, Westchase, Lutz, Carrollwood, Land O Lakes, Odessa, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephryhills, Brandon, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton, New Tampa, West Tampa
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Brandon , Clinic LPN - Multiple Hillsborough County Clinics, Healthcare , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!