Travel Radiology Technologist (Tampa, FL)
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Posted on: May 27, 2023
How You'll Make an Impact: PT/ FT Opportunities available! -
-Perform portable x-ray and other diagnostic imaging procedures in
a variety of settings and locations around the United States to
assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries. -
What You'll Do: Responsibilities: -
- Driving within a local area in a company-supplied vehicle to
perform high quality portable x-rays, EKGs and other applicable
diagnostic imaging services for patients in a variety of service
locations, including private residences, skilled nursing homes,
senior living facilities, correctional facilities and other places
- Traveling to other company locations/areas around the country
on a regular schedule to perform portable x-rays, EKGs and other
applicable imaging services. - The traveling portion shall involve
no more than two weeks per month, unless agreed to in advance.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients'
bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians' orders.
- Demonstrating competence in the performance of portable x-ray
studies based on established protocols and procedures.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their
- Demonstrating safe work practices appropriate to position;
including safe driving, radiation safety and ALARA principles,
infection control, use of appropriate personal protective
equipment; safe operation of x-ray generators and associated
equipment, vehicle loading/unloading of x-ray equipment, safely
moving portable x-ray units during patient visits, and other
activities associated with performing the responsibilities as a
portable x-ray technologist.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning
- Following all company policies, procedures, protocols, and
complying with all applicable state and federal rules, regulations,
- As directed, assisting with order entry and management,
customer service support, validation of studies, dispatching of
technologists, report uploads and distribution, communication with
radiologists, nursing staff, providers, patients, and other
stakeholders as needed.Traveling Guidelines
- Employee shall be compensated at his/her regular hourly rate
for actual travel time to a different market/area up to a maximum
of 8 hours per day, unless otherwise approved by management.
- Per Diem. Employee shall be allotted a fixed daily amount used
for covering expenses such as meals and other incidental costs when
travel on approved company trips.
- Employee shall follow company policies and guidelines when
making travel and lodging reservations. What You Need:
- Meets all state-specific and federal requirements perform
portable x-rays, including one or more of the following.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologic Technologist RT (R).
- Limited Scope X-ray Operator - in accordance with
- State x-ray license (if applicable)
- Has a valid state-issued driver's license and maintains a good
- Passes required background check(s).
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills to perform required
- Acts professionally, exhibits a friendly, caring and positive
attitude when interacting with management, employees, patients,
patient's family, nurses, providers, client staff and other
- Is reliable, dependable, and ethical. Who We Are: About
DispatchHealthAt DispatchHealth, we're building the world's largest
in-home care system to deliver trusted and compassionate care to
all. We offer on-demand acute care and an advanced level of medical
care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own homes. Our
emergency medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are
equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex
injuries and illnesses. We works closely with payers, providers,
health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in
the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital
stays, and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available
seven days a week, holidays and can be requested online or a quick
phone call. -About DispatchHealth ImagingDispatchHealth Imaging,
with the acquisition of PPX & DMI, has over 50 years of mobile
imaging experience. DispatchHealth Imaging professionals travel
locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a facility.
As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays, ultrasounds,
EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers we pride
ourselves on having superior digital technology which allow for
expedited care. Home health care services are becoming increasingly
common, and this is a great opportunity to become part of one of
the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the country.
Connect With Us: Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from
healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with
DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to learn
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, Brandon , Travel Radiology Technologist (Tampa, FL), Healthcare , Odessa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...