Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health
Company: North Tampa Behavioral Health
Location: Wesley Chapel
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Registered NurseJob Description
Conway Behavioral Health is seeking a Registered Nurse for our team
to ensure high-quality, compassionate care is provided to our
Is your "why" to help those in need? That's what our RN team does
every day. We are a dedicated team of nurses that work hard to
support each other and our patients. We would love to add an
incredible addition like you who values quality outcomes and
Day and Night shift positions available. Ask about our sign on
REGISTERED NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Provide and coordinate care by assessing patients' physical and
behavioral health needs.
* Develop and implement nursing care plans.
* Maintain medical records and educate patients and their families
about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
* Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope
of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act
regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as
facility and corporate policies and procedures.
* Ensure physicians' orders are legible if taken verbally and
transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
* Ensure patients' status is assessed on an ongoing basis and
pertinent information is gathered and documented.
* Notify physicians of significant changes in status such as
difficulties with detox, medical emergency, change in medical
status regarding response to medications, and related
* Ensure that initial nursing treatment plans are completed upon
admission and that all nursing treatment plans are specific to
* Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in
providing direct patient care.
* Accurately administer medications per ordered note.
* Document accurate count of controlled substance medication
administration on required documents.
* Complete admission and discharge processing efficiently and
accurately as directed.
* Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining
professional boundaries, respecting personal space, giving patients
direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
* Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as
* Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients,
visitors, co-workers, and others involved inpatient treatment.
* Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
* Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required
by Tennessee or be eligible to practice nursing in accordance with
* One year of nursing experience; previous psychiatric, mental,
behavioral, or substance abuse nursing experience a plus
* CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
* First aid may be required based on state or facility
Keywords: North Tampa Behavioral Health, Brandon , Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Wesley Chapel, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!