Medical Assistant - MA - Family
Company: Premier Community Healthcare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant / MA - FamilySUMMARY:
Responsible for performing basic clinical tasks under the
supervision of a licensed nurse to prepare and assist Premier
Community HealthCare Group (PCHG) practitioners for patient
visits.PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proof of graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting
program with the State of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and
- Ability to use basic mathematical
- Able to preform repetitiveESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following, other duties may be
- Uphold Clinical Standards of
- Adhere to Occupational Safety, Health Administration/Department
of Health (OSHA, DOH) and PCHG Safety
- Abide by established protocols & performs only those functions
for which employee is educationally prepared.
- Facilitate Patient
- Obtain reason for visit, vital signs, updated medication list
and all required quality measure data as preparation for
practitioner encounter. Record all data into the
- Assist providers as needed for examinations and
- Perform procedures and treatments as ordered by practitioner
and document according to EMR guidelines.
- Complete all orders and document per EMR
- Issue patient referrals for all preventative care (non-urgent)
as ordered by practitioner per EMR guidelines.
- Review chart for all required data and summarize the visit with
the patient prior to their leaving the office.
- Communication with Patients and Care Team Members (CTM).
- Answer calls to the department; provides response or forwards
to appropriate team
- Assist as needed for completion of forms and
- Answer electronic portal request by
- Maintain and document daily controls per PCHG Laboratory
- Perform daily lab testing entry and transmissions per EMR
- Perform CLIA waived testing per Laboratory Protocols.
- Perform venipuncture as required for blood collection per
- Collect body function samples (urine, sputum, feces, blood) as
ordered and route for lab
- Maintain Exam Rooms, Equipment and
- Keep supplies current, exam rooms & procedure trays stocked.
Keep sterilized instruments current and well-supplied.
- Follow autoclave guidelines for sterilization and for
- Handle supplies and equipment with care to avoid unnecessary
- Keeps equipment functioning safely, notify
nurse/provider/Office Manager immediately of any situation that
might compromise human
- Handle all bio hazardous waste per DOH and OSHA
- Ensure patient confidentiality and EMR security at all
- Maintain patient information within HIPAA
- Keep other care team members informed when situations occur
that disrupts timely patient flow through
- Consistently participates in and actively adheres to patient
care expectations to attain clinical goals set forth in the PCHG
Health Care Plans and the Quality Improvement / Quality Assurance
(QI/QA)SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NoneGENERAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Maintains a professional relationship and positive attitude
with co-workers, the public, patients and the entire
- Maintains the highest professional and work
- Displays enthusiasm toward the work, mission and vision of the
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
- Excellent grammar, spelling and interpersonal Registered
Nursing Specialized Skills- Patient Care Treatment Planning -
Planning Case Management- Patient Direction - Family Education and
Instruction Clinical Experience-Acute Care -Safety - Process
Improvement - Critical Care Pediatrics Medication Administration
Care Plans Screening- Nurse Management Advocacy- HIPAA-
Appointment- Data Entry- Immunizations- Trauma- Patient Flow-
Caregiving- Triage-Computer EMR-HER Electronic Medical Records-
Heath- Trust Respect Integrity Compassion - Excellence- Community
Health- Office- Front Desk- Doctors office- Health center-
Infection Vitals- Injection - Office Equipment - Risk Management
-First Aid -Procedure Wounds - Patient Preparation Meditech
Greenway -Intergy -Dentrix -Dexces Phreesa Grants - Family
Medicine, Pediatrics, Women Services, Dental, Behavioral Health
Keywords: Premier Community Healthcare, Brandon , Medical Assistant - MA - Family, Healthcare , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!