Medical Assistant - Phlebotomy
Company: Suncoast Community Health Centers Inc.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT PHLEBOTOMYFLSA:
NON-EXEMPTREQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Diploma in approved Medical Assisting program required.
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Experience as a medical assistant preferred
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- BLS (provided by SCHC within 6 months of hire)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Perform phlebotomy (venous and capillary) on adults, children,
- Labeling and preparation of specimens for in-house testing
and/or shipment to a reference lab.
- Data entry and accessioning of specimens for reference
- Perform approved waived testing based on Clinical Nursing
- Report abnormal results to the ordering provider and when
receiving verbal results from a reference lab, read back results to
reference lab prior to notifying provider.
- Proper documentation for laboratory logs following policy
N-180, filing of reports, reconciliation.
- Ensure that the laboratory department's initial start-up and
closing are compliant with SCHC policies and procedures.
- Report any faulty equipment or abnormal results or error labs,
tests not performed.
- Perform all Medical Assistant duties as needed.
- Assist with training of new lab personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Suncoast Community Health Centers Inc., Brandon , Medical Assistant - Phlebotomy, Healthcare , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!