Certified Surgical Technician
Company: HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description This position is sign on bonus eligible.Do you want
to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you
looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion
thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly
means to be a part of a team.Our Surgical Service teams are a
committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for
creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! -At HCA
Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a
difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we
do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and
to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where
patient focus is number one, apply now!We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity.The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of
technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for
pre-operative patients. - The tasks and responsibilities
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds HCA Florida Bayonet Point
HospitalExperience our commitment to compassion and care at HCA
Florida Bayonet Point Hospital. Our 290-bed facility boasts many
awards and accolades, particularly for our nationally acclaimed
Heart Institute. Our dedication to patients is reflected in the
ongoing recognition of our Centers of Excellence, which include:
-Heart & Vascular Institute * Advanced Certification for Heart
Failure * Chest Pain Center with PCI * Advanced Primary Stroke
Center * Cancer Care -Located on Florida's West Coast, our suburban
location just 45 minutes from Tampa offers a friendly work
environment, award winning staff and the opportunity to strengthen
your career. Please visit our career site to discover more and
apply! Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading
healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a
year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA -has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most
ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.Be a part of
an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly
contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care! -[EEOC]We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital, Brandon , Certified Surgical Technician, Healthcare , Hudson, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!