Registered Nurse Operating Room Evenings - OR - Operating Room
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse Operating Room EveningsJob Description
Registered Nurse Operating Room AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Up to $35K Sign On Bonus
* Relocation Benefits
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Career Development
* Mental Health Resources and Support
* Pet Insurance*
* Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
* Team Based Nursing Model*
* Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or Business Unit specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Evening Shift. 11am to 7pm Monday to Friday
with weekend call.
The community you'll be caring for:
* Zephyrhills/Dade City Named One of America's Best Hospitals for
Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three
years in a row "2017-2019" by the Women's Choice Award
* One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General
Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
* Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in
2019 by Health grades
* First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and
Total Knee by The Joint Commission
The role you'll contribute:
Directs/manages and provides care and safety for the patient while
in the Operating Room utilizing the nursing process, to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care. By assessment of the
individual patient and procedure, anticipates the needs of the
surgical team and provides services while maintaining an aseptic
and safe environment. The dimensions of practice range from
preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention on to
postoperative evaluation. Provides leadership and direction when
working with a group of care-givers. Represents the Department of
Nursing in a professional and courteous manner.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement,
evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
* Performs initial nursing assessments. Documents findings within
identified time frames and activates initial plan of care.
* Documents patients' progress in the medical record on a regular
basis including assessment and management plans.
* Safely administers medications to patients according to hospital
policy and procedures. Conducts second nurse verifications.
Reconciles medication on admission and transfer.
* Reports actual or potential medication variances as well as other
patient safety issues utilizing risk master and communication chain
* Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts
nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient
What You Will Need:
* Minimum of one-year experience in the Operating Room.
* Ability to communicate effectively
* EMR charting
* Cerner preferred
* ADN, Diploma and/or BSN
* Computer literate preferred
* 2 years relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
* Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* Current Basic Life Support-Certification
* CNOR preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Brandon , Registered Nurse Operating Room Evenings - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!