RN Clinical Team Leader Hospice House (10a-8p) - Hospice
Company: Chapters Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
RN Clinical Team Leader Hospice House (10a-8p)It's fun to work
in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
The Clinical Team Leader (CTL) is responsible for the daily
clinical coordination and support of staff providing hospice care
to the patient/family unit as indicated in the plan of care.
Provides and manages direct care to patients.
* Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
* Minimum of two (2) years' nursing experience
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Certification from HPNA obtained within two (2) years of taking
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
* Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
* Excellent critical decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
* Ability to effectively communicate in English
* Flexible schedule to meet the needs of patients
* Ability to physically access any home (i.e., navigate stairs and
narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning) in any
area the Company serves
* Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring
for terminally ill patients and their families
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
Leadership Success Factors:
* Communication. Express thoughts and ideas clearly. Adapt
communication style to fit audience.
* Initiative. Originate action to achieve goals.
* Management Identification. Identify with and accept the problems
and responsibilities of management.
* Judgment. Make realistic decisions based on logical assumptions,
factual information and in consideration of organizational
* Planning, Organizing and Controlling. Establish course of action
for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; plan proper
assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
* Leadership. Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in
* Ethics. Model highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior,
adopting a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Regulatory Compliance: Educate and monitor staff regarding their
own and the organization's responsibilities for regulatory
* Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as part
of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
* Coordinates employees and patient care to ensure that the needs
of the patient and family are met using best standards of practice
and in an efficient manner.
* Recommends alternate approaches to patient care as indicated
while ensuring that policies and procedures are followed.
* Provides education to IDG members regarding symptom control, case
management, Company, community and financial resources guided by
Policy and Procedure.
* Enhances the clinical practice of IDG staff by performing as a
role model, mentor, instructor and resource person. Acts as primary
clinical resource for clinical staff.
* Collaborates with other departments (i.e., Medical Services,
Pharmacy, Infusion Program, and Continuous Care) to ensure patient
care needs are addressed. Demonstrates respect and understanding
for all clinical disciplines required for quality patient care and
mentor staff in this process.
* Communicates in a clear and accurate manner. Provides
constructive feedback and resolves conflict directly. Assists
others to improve communication skills. Communicates accurately and
completely to physicians, staff members, patients, families, and
supervisors; utilizes positive approaches when working with
* Ensures timely attention to customer concerns and complaints.
Provides outstanding customer care to patient and families.
* Assists in reviewing patient care documentation and providing
on-site clinical supervisory visits to identify strengths and areas
of development for the clinical staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; lift;
Occasionally required to: pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Brandon , RN Clinical Team Leader Hospice House (10a-8p) - Hospice, Healthcare , Brooksville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!