Contract Per Visit Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Contract Per Visit Registered NurseJob Summary: Registered Nurse
* The Registered Nurse plans, organizes and directs home care
services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community
health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individuals and families within their homes and
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of
recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
* Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid drivers
* Associate or Bachelors degree, with one year of home health care
* Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides.
* Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
* Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment.
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching.
Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
* Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
* Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
* Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
* Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
* Develops a care plan which establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and
rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family
in the planning process.
* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
* Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
* Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
* Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
Keywords: centeredcareproviders, Brandon , Contract Per Visit Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!