Registered Nurse RN Emergency Dept - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Emergency DeptJob Description
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Career Development
* Mental Health Resources and Support
* Sign-on Bonus*
* Relocation Bonus*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night shift
The community you'll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
* From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building
details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the
ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
* Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top
100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
* 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
* Comprehensive women's health center named Inspiration Place that
incorporates female physician specialists, women's imaging, pelvic
floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
* Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay
* Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to
better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and
The role you'll contribute: The Registered Nurse is responsible for
the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an
assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the
day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical
activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and
responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned
nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory
discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their
patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of
competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To
utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of
the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in
compliance with established policies, procedures, and protocols
under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice
President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
The value you'll bring to the team:
Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient
care is provided.
Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit
standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and
interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety,
discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs,
multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge
and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements.
Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible
Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports
abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains
Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately
reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to
geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - All:
* Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
What You Will Need:
* Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification or RQI upon hire.
* Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
certification or RQI upon hire.
* Current American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI upon
* Current NIHSS Certification upon hire.
* AVADE Education within 90 days of hire date.
* 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then
* 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months
of hire date, then annually.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Brandon , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Dept - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Lutz, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!