RN, Admission 11a-9 p (4 ten hour days) - Med Surg
Company: Chapters Health System
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: May 17, 2022
RN, Admission 11a-9 p (4 ten hour days)It's fun to work in a
company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
GENEROUS SIGN ON BONUS
The Admission RN assesses patients in their place of residency or
in hospitals and initiates care into the services of Chapters
Health System. Ensures a seamless transition to Care Navigation and
serves as an ambassador of the Organization.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
* Minimum of two (2) years of RN experience in acute care, hospice,
home health care or other post-acute care
* Strong clinical assessment skills with preferred background in
emergency department or ICU
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
written); bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
* Ability to present services in a professional and articulate
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
* Reliable transportation to meet schedule
* Ability to work in a team environment and intervene
* Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and
effectively handle the emotional stress of the workload
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
* Strong goal/outcome orientation with exceptional time management
* Excellent customer service focus
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
* Completes clinical admissions for all Company services including,
but not limited to:
* Explains services to potential patients/families and addresses
questions regarding patient fears, physical limitations, while
putting the patient/family at ease; presents services in an
empathetic and compassionate manner
* Identifies admission objections, concerns or other entry barriers
and provides responses
* Educates patient/family on admission requirements and addresses
* Completes informed consents and initial assessment according to
regulations and Company policy
* Provides information to Physicians and initiates Plan of Care to
address patient's immediate needs
* Initiates skilled nursing interventions to prevent complications,
alleviate symptoms and maximize physical and emotional comfort
* Obtains Physician orders
* Completes documentation per Company policy
* Acts as the Company representative at assigned facilities while
facilitating referrals to all service lines; works closely with
referring hospitals, physicians, facilities, patients, families,
and the general public.
* Communicates frequently with Care Navigation staff to ensure
timely follow-up. When assignment is complete, informs the Care
Navigation team and prepares for next assignment.
* Provides all necessary clinical communication timely using
* Discusses any potential needs with after-hours staff.
* Obtains consents for services and arranges safe discharge in an
efficient manner for referred and eligible patients while meeting
* Obtains medical record information for the referral.
* Develops strong relationships with case managers, physicians,
etc. at facilities.
* Works with Professional Relations Representatives (PRRs) to
provide education on all available services.
* Provides care for any GIP patients in a hospital including daily
visits, professional management, documentation and efficient
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; lift;
Occasionally required to: pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Brandon , RN, Admission 11a-9 p (4 ten hour days) - Med Surg, Healthcare , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!