AA Medical Technologist II Full Time Nights 7p-7:30a $10K Sign On Bonus Central Pasco ER
Company: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionMedical Technologist II AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: -2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida
33544 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- Day One Benefits
- $10K Sign On Bonus (if eligible) -
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate
building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from
the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top
100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women's health center named Inspiration Place
that incorporates female physician specialists, women's imaging,
pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco
to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and
central Pasco Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights 7p-7:30a -(6 days
on and 8 days off) at Central Pasco ER Lab You Will Be Responsible
- Demonstrate competency in laboratory procedures within the
scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic laboratory
procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a
timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established
turnaround time goals.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures.
Completes assigned policy and procedure review assignments in a
timely manner. Maintains current knowledge of CAP, State of
Florida, and Federal regulatory requirements for the clinical
laboratory. Complies with all applicable regulatory and
- Participates in proficiency testing program as assigned.
Ensures that proficiency testing deadlines are met and samples are
analyzed in the same manner as patient samples.
- Performs all assigned preventative maintenance, calibration,
and quality control testing as scheduled, to include appropriate
documentation and review.
- Troubleshoots and documents analyzer problems. Informs onsite
lab supervisor and all Nursing units of anticipated delays due to
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation, following infection
control guidelines. Ensures department supply levels are maintained
in a manner to reduce waste and avoid expenses for "rush"
- Maintains competencies current for all assigned procedures.
Completes assigned competency assessments in a timely manner.
- Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical
technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab
supervisor. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new
employees and medical technology students.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe
his or her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings and attends other
meetings as assigned. Establishes and maintains communications
within the department and with other departments.
- Keeps professional license current at all times. Demonstrates
commitment to professional and personal growth. - Maintains
membership in the appropriate professional organizations.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related
sciences upon hire
- One year of experience in a laboratory setting required or
diploma from an accredited medical laboratory training program upon
- Current FL Clinical Laboratory Technologist license upon
- Licensed in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology,
Microbiology, and Serology required.
- Recent Generalist experience - Job Summary: The Medical
Technologist II performs laboratory testing in accordance with the
Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida
Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.00. Oversees
the day-to day operations of various lab sections in the absence of
a Supervisor. Actively participates in outstanding customer service
and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal opportunity
employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, Brandon , AA Medical Technologist II Full Time Nights 7p-7:30a $10K Sign On Bonus Central Pasco ER, Healthcare , Lutz, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!