Registered Nurse - New Port Richey, FL CVS Health - New Port Richey, FL
Company: CVS Health
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: January 13, 2022
As a Minute Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) you will be in an
integral role as part of the clinic team. Under the supervision of
a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the
Registered Nurse (RN) will advance the evidence based practice in
all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and
tasks within the scope of their training. The role is responsible
for assisting patients and performing or assisting with all
clinical services available at our clinics. The RN will perform
task such as patient registration and intake, assisting with wait
room management and other responsibilities that will enhance the
patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy
and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient
assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and
performing diagnostic tests such as EKG and Retinopathy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
- Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for
- Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance
with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure
- Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate
computer ordering codes.
- Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to
individual test requirements.
- Collect and document vital signs on patients
- Preparing, administering and providing vaccination
- Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a
reference lab for testing.
- Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on
- Capture images of a patient's retina by using a fundus
- Perform CLIA waived point of care testing on patients.
- Perform additional medical services that fall within the
licensure of an Associate Nurse under the supervision of a Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Patient-focused activities
- Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions
regarding MinuteClinic services
- Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level
set wait time expectations.
Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam
room requests one.
- Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to
drive practice growth.
- Clinic Operations Support
- Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the
- Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for
- Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of
any blood of body fluids.
- Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for
additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior
Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
- A Registered Nurse License must be full, active and
unrestricted in the State for which you are applying (This included
a Territory or Common Wealth of the United States or District of
- One year minimum related work experience in a healthcare
- Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record
(EMR) system required.
- Proven ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood
draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability
- Proven and demonstrated clinical skills that include:
documentation of care, medication administration, infection control
precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical
assessment, obtaining vital signs, care coordination.
Previous Experience working in an Primary Care Clinic, Urgent Care
Clinic, Emergency Room or Primary Physician's Office
Prior experience in Phlebotomy or Specimen lab or collection
Bachelors Nursing Degree is required from a school of Nursing,
approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National
League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the
program was completed
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common
purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transform health care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that
puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion
and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting,
hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or
protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic
prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly
support and encourage people with military experience (active,
veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military
spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Keywords: CVS Health, Brandon , Registered Nurse - New Port Richey, FL CVS Health - New Port Richey, FL, Healthcare , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!