Registered Nurse Operating Room Full Time Days AdventHealth - Zephyrhills, FL
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Registered Nurse Operating Room AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- Up to $35,000 Bonus Available
- AH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America's Best Hospitals for
Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three
years in a row "2017-2019" by the Women's Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General
Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in
2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip
and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time, Day Shift. Four 10-hour shifts plus call
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement,
evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Performs initial nursing assessments and documents
- Documents patients' progress in the medical record on a regular
basis including assessment and management plans.
- Safely administers medications to patients according to
hospital policy and procedures. Conducts second nurse verifications
- Reports actual or potential medication variances as well as
other patient safety issues utilizing risk master and communication
chain of command.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts
nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient
- Documents patients' progress in the medical record on a
- Collaborates with medical staff and/or multi-disciplinary team
to facilitate the recognition, research, isolation and resolution
of potential patient care problems for assigned patients.
- Provides effective handoff communication utilizing SBAR at
change of shift during transfers and to assistive
- Coordinates ongoing patient and family education and discharge
- Provides for orientation and training of employees to work
routines and environment.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field to enhance
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of department
equipment and supplies required for the care of patients.
- Knowledgeable of emergency resuscitation measures and properly
activates code team response.
- Complies with department safety policies and procedures.
Responsible to help ensure that the safety and well-being of
patients, family members, visitors and coworkers are maintained.
Follow initiatives for patient safety, including, but not limited
to Universal Protocol, Hand Washing and Patient
- Accurately transcribes and carries out physician orders.
Completes verbal orders as protocol read back once surgical
procedure has started.
- Participates in unit specific and multidisciplinary Performance
Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
- Accurately records, handles and labels specimen; demonstrates
care of specimen.
- Effectively communicates with the physician in accounting for
all sponges, needles, and instruments dur and after the procedure
and documents in appropriate area.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of one-year experience as an Operating Room
- Ability to communicate effectively
- EMR charting
- Cerner preferred
- ADN, Diploma and/or BSN
- Computer literate
- 2 years relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Current Basic Life Support-Certification
- CNOR preferred
Directs/manages and provides care and safety for the patient while
in the Operating Room utilizing the nursing process, to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care. By assessment of the
individual patient and procedure, anticipates the needs of the
surgical team and provides services while maintaining an aseptic
and safe environment. The dimensions of practice range from
preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention on to
postoperative evaluation. Provides leadership and direction when
working with a group of care-givers. Represents the Department of
Nursing in a professional and courteous manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Brandon , Registered Nurse Operating Room Full Time Days AdventHealth - Zephyrhills, FL, Healthcare , Zephyrhills, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!