Charge Nurse/Lead MedSurg Oncology Nights
Company: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location: Wesley Chapel
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionTeam Lead Registered Nurse AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address:--2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida
33544 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate
building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the
ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top
100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women---s health center named Inspiration Place
that incorporates female physician specialists, women---s imaging,
pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco
to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and
central Pasco Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights--
QualificationsYou Will Be Responsible For: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality
patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit
standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and
interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety,
discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs,
multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge
and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements.
Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible
- Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient
from admission to discharge.
- Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is
individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant
other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to
ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients
in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of
- Effectively evaluates the nursing plan of care to ensure safe,
competent delivery of care is provided.
- Evaluates and communicates patient---s response to medical
nursing plan of care to appropriate team members.
- Assists unit and nursing managers/directors with unit
operations and leadership.--
- Assists the leader in development, implementation and
evaluation of on-going service programs which assure quality
nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital
mission. Bottom Box What You Will Need: KNOWLEDGE/CERTIFICATION AND
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to
assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care
according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills --- must be able to navigate Microsoft
windows based programs.
- Supervision experience and skills required.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care
requirements for all patients on the unit.-- Assesses need for
personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking
opportunities to meet this need.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Supports staff involvement in project teams/committees as
evidenced by discussion in minutes.
- Projects are completed with consideration for quality, practice
and educational components.
- Participates in or chairs projects or committees as volunteered
- Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request,
direct family request and/or direct assessment of patient/family
response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other
survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
- Collaborates with the department of education and training to
plan for orientation of new personnel and unit specific
education/in-service as documented.
- Monitors the mandatory educational activities of personnel on
the unit to ensure individual and unit compliance.
- Meets with the director on an ongoing basis to discuss plans,
progress, problems, and needs of unit.
- In collaboration with the director, is responsible for
effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations
to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial
- Manages hours worked, including overtime for all unit
- Monitors and controls supply use.
- In collaboration with the leader, is responsible for
department---s operational excellence; assures department delivers
quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures
and professional standards.
- Collaborates with the nurse leader to establish department
policies and procedures that reflect the organization---s
- Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote
positive employee relations.
- Maintains effective and appropriate staffing by monitoring
employee turnover, overtime and absenteeism.
- Employee performance appraisals are completed thoroughly and
submitted on time, as assigned.
- Follows human resources policies to implement progressive
discipline, when necessary.
- Collaborates with human resources on the recruitment and
selection of qualified employment candidates.
- Communication with staff is effective, resolving conflicts that
may hamper relations and productivity, as observed by nurse
- Attends and/or leads codes according to policy.
- Oversees scheduling as directed by leader.
- Is recognized as a positive role model in living the AH
mission. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: -----------------------
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an
Associate of Science degree upon hire ----------------------- 2
years of hospital nursing experience upon hire LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED / ALL DEPARTMENTS: M/S Unit
with Telemetry: ----------- Active Florida RN or APRN license
required upon hire. ----------- Current American Heart Association
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
----------- Current NIHSS Certification required upon hire.
----------- 1 hour of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire
date, then annually. ----------- 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement
Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually GENERAL
SUMMARY: The Lead/Charge Registered Nurse is responsible for the
delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned
group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day
management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The
Lead/Charge Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly
directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing
personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion
and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care
delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent,
compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the
nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical
and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with
established policies, procedures and protocols under the
supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director,-- Vice President of
Clinical Services, and or designee This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, Brandon , Charge Nurse/Lead MedSurg Oncology Nights, Healthcare , Wesley Chapel, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!