Director Of Nursing
Company: Brooksville Healthcare Center
Posted on: February 22, 2021
At Brooksville Healthcare Center, our mission is to always
provide prompt, courteous and excellent care to each Resident we
serve. Daily, we strive to have a lasting impact on the quality of
life of our Residents. We embrace a family first mentality-your
success is our goal.We are looking for a Director of Nursing to
enhance our mission and lead the Nursing Department to continued
success. We want a DON that will set an example of a purposeful
customer satisfaction mentality and to set expectations for the
quality of care that you and I would be thrilled to see our loved
General Purpose:Organizes, directs, and oversees the work of the
nursing team, nursing programs, compliance with facility policies
and applicable state and federal regulations, and customizes
procedures to ensure the highest degree of quality care is offered.
The Director of Nursing has administrative and managerial
authority, responsibility, and accountability for the functions,
activities, and training of the nursing team.
- Must have and maintain throughout employment an unencumbered
Registered Nurse (RN) licensure issued by the State Board of
- Must have valid CPR certification and maintain active CPR
certification throughout employment.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills in the areas of
nursing administration, nursing practice, rehabilitation, and
employee relations management.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures,
as well as state and federal regulations specific to nursing home
operation and licensure.
- Must have knowledge of abuse, neglect, exploitation,
misappropriation, mistreatment, and injury of unknown origin
regulations and reporting requirements.
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with residents, families, vendors,
visitors, government agencies, facility staff, hospital personnel,
hospice representatives, and the general public.
- Must have excellent follow-through.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement
and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures,
etc., that are necessary for providing quality individualized
- Ability to manage through delegation, goal setting, and
building respect from all nursing staff through use of positive
- Ability to prepare and present educational material and or
reports to various audiences.
- Ability to formulate reports, disseminate information,
interpret data, and coordinate with multiple departments.
- Must be able to lift 60-70lbs frequently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and supervise within the prescribed scope of practice
for a Registered Nurse
- (RN) in the state.
- Develop, review, and revise the philosophy, objectives, and
standards of practice for the nursing department.
- Make administrative decisions in the absence of the
- Review, maintain, and update the nursing department job
descriptions and policies and procedures as needed.
- Review and follow the nursing department's budgetary guidelines
- Ensure staffing schedules are created fairly, updated
routinely, posted for the staff, time off requests are handled
according to policy, and the daily staffing PPD's are maintained
per policy and regulation.
- Meet with nursing staff as well as support personnel, in
planning facility services, progress, and activities as
- Participate in establishing a competitive wage, salary, and
benefit plan for nursing department staff.
- Participate in pre-screening resident referrals for
appropriateness of admission, collaborate with necessary
departments to ensure proper room assignment and other specialized
needs/conditions as indicated.
- Participate in marketing events and initiatives as
- Ensure the admission, transfer, and discharge processes are
- Cooperate in the development and implementation process for an
interdisciplinary approach to health care services focused on the
individual resident needs.
- Ensure RD/Nutrition recommendations are completed timely.
- Ensure Pharmacy recommendations are completed timely.
- Ensure monthly and weekly weights are recorded in the clinical
record per facility policy.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management Meetings-Must attend,
prepare reports, update data, present information, document as
needed, and participate in sub-committees as assigned (example:
infection control, psych, safety, pharmacy, utilization review,
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist and remind physicians and their extenders to complete
required documentation, review treatment plans, care plans, sign
documents, etc. Accompany on rounds as needed.
- Contact physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician
assistants as needed to report resident change of condition, convey
lab/x-ray reports, emergencies, resident/family concerns,
incidents/accidents, etc. and document new/changed orders and
communication outcomes per facility policy.
- Inform residents, resident representatives, and/or family
members of resident change of condition, emergencies,
incidents/accidents, new/changed etc. and document new/changed
orders and communication outcomes per facility policy.
- Review individualized plans of care (problems, goals, and
interventions/approaches) for the residents to include: overall
health, diagnoses, fall risk/positioning devices, restorative
nursing programs, elopement risk, behaviors, skin conditions,
discharge plans, therapy services, restraints, psychotropic
medication usage, etc. Attend resident care plan meetings as
- Review and monitor timely completion of employee performance
evaluations per facility policy.
- Delegate authority to a qualified Infection Preventionist and
ensure completion of the required elements.
- Assess and monitor nursing supplies for necessity,
availability, ease of access, etc.
- Coordinate and implement a Restorative Nursing Program to
assist residents in attaining their highest level of functioning.
Ensure adequate staff training to include: documentation,
communication with nursing and therapy, care plans, services
- Oversee and participate in as needed, the timely and accurate
completion of Resident
- Assessment Instruments (RAI's) (MDS'), care plans, and care
plan meetings per regulation and facility policy.
- Plan and encourage participation of in-service and continuing
education for all levels of the nursing team.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant. Document
- Order/Re-order prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment
per facility policy.
- Dispose of medications and narcotics in accordance with
facility policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
--- Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing,
reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and
pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to
overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families,
personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and
in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean,
professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with
employees and residents.
Keywords: Brooksville Healthcare Center, Brandon , Director Of Nursing, Healthcare , Brooksville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!