Posted on: March 15, 2023
Hospital Name: PetSuites Bloomingdale
Job Type: Pet Resort Management
Employment Type: Permanent
Description & Requirements
PetSuites Bloomingdale in Valrico, FL is looking for an excellent
General Manager to join our newest facility!
PetSuites is looking for qualified managers that love dogs and cats
as much as we do. If you want to make the newest PetSuites the
premier place for boarding, daycare and pet grooming, then apply
today. We treat people's pets like we want our pets to be treated.
This means we have high standards and are known in the pet care
industry for our integrity, compassion and leadership. If you
possess the same traits and have previous management experience
with teams ranging from 20 - 35 members, please apply for a
management position today. We offer a unique work environment that
focuses on keeping pets happy, healthy and well loved. We offer
competitive salaries, benefits, and incentive programs for the
ABOUT THE RESORT
- Overnight and long term boarding for dogs and cats
- Doggy daycare 7 days a week
- Full service pet spa including grooming and bathing for dogs
- Customized playtimes for all types of personalities and
interests including group play, swimming and one-on-one time with
pet care staff
- Hours of operation: 6:30am -8pm Monday - Sunday
- Brand new Valrico, FL location situated on 2 acres of land
- PetSuites has been in business for over 15 years
- PetSuites uses top of the line cleaning techniques and
products. Smelling is believing. For more information please visit
A General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall operations,
customer experience, sales performance and execution of brand
excellence in a resort. The General Manager is responsible for
maximizing the sales and profits of the site. The General Manager
must maintain an exceptional level of customer service by
developing strong Resort Managers, Shift Leads and Team Members.
While leading and creating a resort culture based on Servant
Leadership, high quality guest/pet care, and exceptional customer
service for our internal and external customers.
- Understands and communicates the companies' mission, values,
- Provides the direction, leadership and communication necessary
to achieve sales results and operating plan goals for the site.
Ensures the Resort Manager and Shift Managers provide the same to
the resort team members.
- Creates a plan to drive and achieve resort quantitative
objectives including: sales, labor, cost of goods sold and expense
- Communicates all shift issues, concerns and needs to the Market
Leader and/or the Regional Leader dependent on market.
- Responsible for maintaining operational excellence within their
- Responds to directives in an accurate and timely manner and
ensures the same compliance of the resort team.
- Recognizes and rewards outstanding performance of resort team
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership behaviors
- Other duties as assigned. Customer Service
- Strives for the ultimate in resort customer service experiences
and impressions. Maintain excellent customer service metrics.
- Ensures sites have adequate shift coverage at all times, while
adhering to scheduling and labor guidelines.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring and training practices to
ensure quality of resort staff.
- Train resort management teams to successfully handle service
issues and intervenes when necessary.
- Motivates and mentors team members on providing customers with
product suggestions and information.
- Educate and engage the community and resort customers on all of
companies' products and services. Operations
- Adheres to and has knowledge of all company policies and
- Creates a plan to drive revenue, labor management, and
- Maintains impeccable standards concerning resort maintenance,
cleanliness and inventory.
- Regulates the ordering of inventory in a timely and cost
- Coach, counsel and direct Team Members. Lead the team in the
execution of company standards through the NVA Pet Resort values to
create an excellent customer experience. Provide performance
feedback to Team Members.
- Lead and manage shifts while acting as manager in charge of
resort. Determine business demands and make necessary staffing
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in order to
ensure effective shift operations and the overall operations of the
- Follow all OSHA, cash handling and operations procedures and
policies and ensure that resort team members are in
- Ensure that all team members have mastered the resort
tasks/positions, meeting the company operating standards.
- Owns action plan for hot spot management and drives resort
- Other duties and projects as assigned Team Management
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance of
subordinate managers and all other site team.
- Train and on-board new Team Members and Shift Managers on both
front- and back-of-house procedures.
- Manages team performance through consistent feedback up to and
including corrective action.
- Recruit and maintain a pipeline of qualified team members to
meet the resort operation's needs.
- Creates a culture of engagement by addressing team member
concerns in a timely manner. Business/Financial Management
- Creates a resort plan that supports the execution of regional
and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and
business results. Follow up consistently to ensure accountability
- Utilize financial tools and analyzes financial reports to
identify and address trends and issues in sales and
- Executes any corporate marketing plans and creates and
implements local market plans for marketing.
- Provides the direction and communication necessary to achieve
sales results and site operating plan goals.
- Possess expert knowledge of the resort market area and the
community. Engage and educate the community and the market area on
company customer value proposition.
- Analyzes financial data to build on strengths, support weak
areas and note any unusual occurrences. Trains Shift Managers in
recognizing and influencing their business by understanding
financial reports and acting on the knowledge. Ensures that all
productivity numbers, sales and budgets are consistently met. Work
- Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to
10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50
- Understand and respond to team members' and guests' requests in
a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats,
serve customers, and clean the resort. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
As a General Manager with Pet Resorts, you must possess excellent
written, verbal and hands-on employee management skills. Our ideal
General Manager is an enthusiastic animal lover, brand ambassador
with a vested interest in the community. The general manager should
possess a commitment to personal development and an interest in
learning about business operations, developing people, and driving
revenue. You must be able to influence the direction of your
resort, initiate community outreach through marketing and special
events and drive superb customer satisfaction metrics.
Additional requirements for the General Manager include:
- High school degree or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree
equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5-year management experience, including Profit and
- Availability to work up to 45-50 hours per week including
evenings and weekends.
- Ability to drive and manage/influence workplace change.
- Strong Profit and Loss management abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and point of sale
- Comfortable working in front of house and back of house roles
within the resort.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Restaurant management, retail management, veterinary
management/experience and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Keywords: NVA, Brandon , General Manager, Executive , Valrico, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...