Manager, Claims Operations (Specialty) - Hybrid
Location: Land O Lakes
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Manager,
Claims Operations (Specialty) to work in a hybrid capacity from one
of the following USAA offices: San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa,
FL; Colorado Springs, CO; Chesapeake, VA.
The Manager, Claims Operations (Specialty) manages and is
accountable for auto, property, and other claims operations member
service employees who are responsible for serving our members, and
providing appropriate solutions as they investigate, evaluate and
negotiate the claim. Develops engaged employees through regular
coaching and feedback to deliver business results. Executes process
improvements, provides feedback on the process and leads
organizational process changes. Drives execution of operational
risk management, regulatory compliance training, policies and,
procedures. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Inspects and reviews quality of claim files and provide
feedback to employees as appropriate.
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and driving awareness so
employees understand how their work and contributions support the
overall claims and Enterprise strategies.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational
effectiveness, member experiences and processes providing feedback
to internal partners
- Creates conditions for success removes obstacles, leads and
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload
volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of work to ensure consistent
execution of processes and adherence to guidelines and
- Handles escalations and makes appropriate decisions based on
- Facilitates and guides employees through skill identification
and developing for career progression Supports projects by serving
as a subject matter expert.
- Hires, develops, and coaches claims employees for results
- Consistently coaches employees on claims handling and
identifies opportunities to improve overall process and
- Bachelor s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of progressive customer service, operational, military
or leadership experience to include a minimum of 2 years of claims
handling experience required with demonstrated proficiency.
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management
- Experience using and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, customer service and/or
claims handling skills.
- Acquisition and maintenance of applicable insurance adjuster
license within 6 months time in role.Preferred Experience:
- Prior condo, liability, or lawsuit claims handling
experienceThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $88,200 - 158,900 .Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.To see details on our outstanding
benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards. Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Manager, Claims Operations (Specialty) - Hybrid, Executive , Land O Lakes, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!