GCB Control and Monitoring Design Manager
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Citi's Global Consumer Business Operational Risk and Controls
(CBORC) organization drives global consistency for addressing
Operational Risk and Control issues in the Global Consumer Bank.
CBORC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and
accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and
mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks. This role
will support restructuring, simplifying, and streamlining MCA
across GCB through control design, effectiveness, and monitoring
strategies to create a robust, comprehensive, and sustainable risk
management framework.-The GCB Control and Monitoring Design Manager
manages a group of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and works in
collaboration with MCA content owners and business process owners
to identify, design, document and assess the quality of suites of
Key Controls, Monitoring/Assessment mechanisms to mitigate
significant operational risk types at a global level. This position
will be a critical strategic role to ensure the risk profiles
within the Global businesses are fully understood and managed
appropriately.- As a First Line of Defense function this person
will need to build trusted relationships with Business Leaders,
Process Owners, Regional and Global CBORC colleagues as well as
Second and Third Line partners. A good understanding of the
industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also
valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business.
The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic
direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid
conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of
expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills
required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
- Lead the development and maintenance standards for consistent
implementation of controls and monitoring.
- Working in collaboration with MCA Owners (SMP, EMP and business
process owners) to design consistent suites of Preventative Key
Controls using root cause analysis, control and monitoring design
assessment and related techniques.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of a framework to
quality assess the consistency of control and monitoring
- Work with Application SMEs to develop frameworks for embedding
Key Automated Application Controls (KAACs) within MCA.
- Drive the assessment of business requirements for monitoring
statements for automated monitoring / digital monitoring
- Where appropriate, manage the development of thematic
testing/assessment of Key Control suites based on SMP and EMP
- Lead the re-engineering of key processes to deliver best in
class standardized, streamlined and simplified capabilities across
- Drive the identification and management of operational risks,
execution, and monitoring of controls.
- Manage the strengthening of the control environment for the
business group supported.
- Lead the implementation of Operational Risk Management policy
and work with business process owners to ensure consistent
implementation within functions.
- Lead the delivery of operational risk assessment results and
design strong business metrics that provide line of sight to
business control performance.
- Drive issue mitigation for significant operational breaks,
identification of root cause, make recommendations for future
prevention; provide governance to ensure remediation and
- Partner with Global Functions, including Independent ORM, Risk,
Compliance, Audit and Legal to identify and mitigate cross business
- Lead the execution of processes that will deliver on the
expectations set by Citi's Regulators.
- Responsible for driving consistency in the application of
taxonomy, alignment with regulations and policies, and accuracy of
- Lead multiple programs of work and manage their alignment to
the risk management framework.
- Manages a team of employees and coach and evaluate performance
and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotion etc.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- Seasoned risk professional with a longstanding and exceptional
career within consumer banking risk management.
- Proven experience in process simplification, reengineering and
- Track record of an above average success rate for the
installation of improvement programs and processes
- Quality management processes, practices, tools and
- Change management - concepts and strategies.
- Demonstrated consultative skills (consulting firm or corporate
- Project/Program management oversight.
- Finance process management
- Executive Communication skills
- Highly influential across all stakeholders in a highly complex
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.- Ability to explore
alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and
accepted by various parties.
- Proactive and Dynamic with a strategic mindset. Able to
identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical,
interpretive and problem solving techniquesQualifications
- 10-12 years' experience in related field.-
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or
- Results and delivery focused.- Ability to drive multiple
programs through to a successful conclusion.
- High level of Commercial Acumen when looking at Technology as a
key enabler to the business.
- Execution focused, evidence of delivering against challenging
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships with internal and
- Process and Governance - Ability to create structure in a
fairly ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.-
- Experience of coaching and developing others and managing a
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi-) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
Keywords: Citi, Brandon , GCB Control and Monitoring Design Manager, Executive , Valrico, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!