Director, Life Actuary - Asset Liability Managments ALM (FASG)
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, Life
Actuary for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office
I, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus, Tampa
Crosstown or Remote.
This Director, Life Actuary role is responsible for Asset Liability
Management and Cash Flow Testing within the USAA Life company.
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls actuarial activities
required for a specific actuarial function. Manages and provides
technical guidance to a team responsible for conducting actuarial
studies and activities. Develops employees through regular coaching
and feedback that leads to improved results. Executes process
improvements and leads organizational process changes to promote
efficient and effective operations. Ensures compliance with
policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.Job
- Manages and directs the daily work activities, assignments,
training and coaching of employees.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional
development and career progression.
- Analyzes existing workflow and processes by organizing and
integrating resources and systems.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to promote efficient and
- Implements and monitors processes and performance
- Coordinates, prepares, and performs actuarial analyses in the
development of rates, pricing strategies, financial models or
- Supports actuarial modeling software driven models.
- Analyzes process efficiency and recommends model adjustments
and improvements, when appropriate.
- Analyzes model input parameters and recommends
- Maintains understanding of current systems that impact
employees and the business operations.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and state and
- Reviews competitive analyses and actuarial regulatory
correspondence and filings for accuracy.
- Ensures work products comply with the guidelines of the
American Academy of Actuaries and Actuarial Standards of
- Analyzes industry trends and provides recommendations regarding
changes related to relevant products, premiums, FIT and
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years of progressive related experience required.
- 3 or more years of management or leadership experience
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (or attainment within
specified timeframe)*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Requirements:
- 2+ years of Asset Liability Management or Cash Flow Testing
experience with Life, Health or Annuities
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- 2+ year of Supervisory experience managing a team
- If applying to work remotely, need to have experience working
remotely for 6 months+The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance isavailable for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 3/25/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant,
actuarial director, actuary, actuary consultant, analyst,
investment actuary, mathmatics, probability, statistics
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Director, Life Actuary - Asset Liability Managments ALM (FASG), Executive , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!