Senior Audit Manager - GF/GCB Compliance
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The Senior Audit Manager is a senior level management position
responsible for managing a complex and critical unit within
Internal Audit, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall
objective of this role is to develop and execute a robust Audit
Plan, and direct complex audit activities for a component of the
business at a regional or country level. The Global Functions (GF)
and Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Audit team provides compliance audit
coverage of the Compliance Risk Management Framework, GCB
Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), GF ICRM, and
consumer laws, rules, and regulations. This role requires a
knowledge of and familiarity with Compliance Risk Management
Framework principles, OCC Heightened Standards requirements, SR
08-8, and the regulatory environment of large complex financial
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable
entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit
standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and
Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and
Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate), branch
examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product
line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level
including a portion of the Audit Plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the
corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a
leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of
technology. - Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts
them for application within own job and the business.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit,
including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals.
Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and
manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding
of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local
regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of
high-risk areas including: consumer banking, regulatory compliance,
technology management, project/program management, and supplier
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has
a strong understanding of the businesses. -
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of
business and support units throughout the corporation and how they
impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a
wide range of internal audiences including respective product,
function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate
internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a
major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity. -
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills,
makes sound decisions, and exhibits initiative and intuitive
thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and
recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively
advises and assists the business on change initiatives. -
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments
and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as
identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit
- Analyzes reporting findings; recommends appropriate
interventions where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control
- Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop
approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues. -
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the
most complex. -
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA,
CIA, CISA, CRCM or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level (8+ years) experience in a related role with
experience in business, functional and people management, with
proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing
concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to
stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Compliance Risk
Management Framework principles, OCC Heightened Standards
requirements, SR 08-8, and the regulatory environment of large
complex financial institutions.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing
integrated Internal Audit and assurance delivery within a
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining
independent views. -
- This individual must be an articulate and effective
communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic,
charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of
internal and external audit and management.
- Master's degree
:All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions
- US------------------------------------------------------Time Type
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.To view the "EEO is the
Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Keywords: Citi, Brandon , Senior Audit Manager - GF/GCB Compliance, Executive , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!