Automotive Technician - Tampa International Airport
Company: National Car Rental
Posted on: October 19, 2019
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car
Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality,
innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly
expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and
opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really
up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers
incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees
first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our
company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified
Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and
bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service,
and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and
procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable
judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus
on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible
schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending
on business demand.Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are
completed according to the manufacturers specifications and
- Complete required manufacturer's training and perform warranty
and recall repairs.
- Complete ADA installs as required upon completion of
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order
to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs
and preventative maintenance.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- Utilize multiple manufacturers websites, software and
- May process new fleet, LOFR, tires, fuel reclamation or
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Requires ability to perform manual labor, such as, bending,
kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, and walking for extended
periods of time
- Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects
up to 50 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two years of mechanical experience in an automotive repair shop
servicing current model vehicles required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Degree in Automotive Technology, Completion of Automotive
Technical College or Technical vocational training preferred.
- 4+ current and valid ASE certifications required.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more
than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving
record within the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within
the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty
procedures is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require
work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now
or in the future.
- Must be able to work Full Time (40 hours per week) 2:30pm-11pm
shifts including weekends with two days off during the
Keywords: National Car Rental, Brandon , Automotive Technician - Tampa International Airport, Engineering , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!