Technician - United States
Company: Waste Management
Location: Spring Hill
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran$3000 Sign-on BonusRelocation
Funds Available -Check out our New Pay Rates, pay is based on
experience -Certification Incentive Pay - up to $11.00 per hour
additional - -Quarterly Tool Allowance -Paid Vacation, Holidays, &
-Personal DaysWaste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the
leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services
in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of
operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM
serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial,
industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a
network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills,
recycling facilities and waste-based energy production
projects.Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working
only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on
equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics,
electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and
technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will
allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and
provide opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to
provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth,
opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may be the
company for you.I. Job SummaryUnder general supervision, performs
preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs
vehicles and equipment.II. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
be assigned. -
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis
job has no supervisory duties.IV. QualificationsThe requirements
listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to
perform the job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
often;Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance
shop.BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Brandon , Technician - United States, Engineering , Spring Hill, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!