Company: Childcare of Brandon
Posted on: November 18, 2021
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.DescriptionLead Teacher Job Summary
The Lead Teacher will be assigned to a specific classroom and will
be responsible for the curriculum implementations, which includes
lesson planning and child assessment. The Lead Teacher will plan
and implement activities designed to promote the social, physical,
and intellectual growth of the children under her/his care. The
Lead Teacher will also be responsible for communicating with
parents and keeping them informed of their progress on a daily
basis.POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Essential Functions and
- Implements the daily program for children, including the
- Preparation and clean-up of daily programming and
- Curriculum and child assessments
- Ensure children are taught to read and write in the English
- Help children learn to think creatively, solve problems, and
respect themselves and others
- Recognizes and considers the background, disabilities, special
talents and interests, style and pace of learning of each
- Understands and can articulate objectives for development and
- Understands and applies child development principles; provides
developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensures learning displays are presented throughout the
classroom, complete and kept current within two weeks.
- Utilizes digital technologies to communicate with parents and
to facilitate intentional lesson planning.
- Implements and follows all proper supervision techniques as
required by the company and state licensing.
- Guides children in a positive manner displaying friendly,
affectionate, enthusiastic and caring behaviors.
- Helps with meal and snack preparation, feeding children,
modeling table manners at meals.
- Ensures the classroom, including all educational materials and
equipment, are organized, clean, sanitized and tour ready at all
times. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as seeping,
mopping, and vacuuming.
- Mouthed toys are put aside and cleaned before being made
available to other children.
- Conducts regular observations and assessments to plan
customized weekly lesson plans that reflect the needs and interests
of children in the class.
- Enters observation data for each child into GOLD and Tadpoles
portfolios at least twice a month.
- Lead conferences with parents twice a year per the school
calendar. Provides daily written/oral feedback to parents.
- Interacts with children on the playground/classroom taking part
in activities that include bending, stooping, jumping, kneeling,
standing for long periods of time, and other appropriate physical
- Provides exceptional customer service to the families and
children we serve, which includes maintaining strict
confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Greet every family, child and visitor who enters the
school/classroom with a warm and sincere welcome. Assist parents at
drop off and pick up times. Acknowledge all departing families,
children, and visitors with a farewell. Respond to all questions
and requests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Works to prevent injuries and accidents; follows all procedures
related to injuries and accidents if one should occur. Reports
child injuries and hazards promptly to the Director/Member of
- Required to attend all staff training sessions, meetings, and
programs sponsored by the School; this is mandatory not
- Participates in QRIS and/or accreditation goals and performs
the associated classroom requirements to meet those goals where
- Role models to children and other staff members appropriate
- Models effective teaching practices for other teachers.
- Expected to close and/or open assigned classroom.
- Regular attendance required, as described in the employee
- Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to local child protective
agency/hotline as mandated by state law.
- Performs other related duties as requested by a member of
management. LOCATION: FL, Seffner, BroadwayABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
We are so glad you are interested in becoming a part of the
Childcare of Brandon family. At Childcare of Brandon we believe
children are not one-size-fits-all. Every child learns in their own
unique way, at their own pace and has different needs and
abilities. As a result, we utilize a curriculum, which nurtures
your child's natural abilities using empowering educational
pathways customized to meet the needs of each child. Whatever needs
a child may have, we will work as a team to find a solution for
that! Our Mission: We are committed to preparing young children for
school and life. Our Vision: We will provide a safe, nurturing,
learning environment. Our ethical character defines our dedication
to instilling lifelong skills within each child. We will form the
foundation of our learning-centered program by using creative new
curriculums, Common Core standards, Music, Movement, Drama and
Nature programs. Our programs will be tailored to meet the needs of
the children and communities we serve. We seek to challenge and
cognitively engage our children, providing them with exciting
learning opportunities throughout the day. We encourage our
teachers and staff in their continuous growth as learners through
professional development programs and courses. We will strive to
provide superior customer service in all aspects of our day to day
Keywords: Childcare of Brandon, Brandon , Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Seffner, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!