Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Department Secretary? At HCA Florida
Brandon Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up
to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida Brandon
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Department Secretary like you to be
a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsWe are currently
recruiting for a Department Secretary to join our team! As our
Department Secretary, you will provide clerical support and perform
basic secretarial duties to support department operations. We are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! What you will do in
- You will be responsible for projects, which include a
wide-range of clerical functions.
- You will establish primary contact and rapport with patients,
family members and visitors.
- You will identify and clarify available services and provides
direction to departments and areas within the facility.
- You will assist in coordinating the ordering inventory of
office supplies and maintenance of office equipment.
- You will answer incoming calls, handle and process inquiries,
and receive and immediately greet all visitors to the
- You will exercise good judgment in all communications and
escalate issues as necessary.
- You will ensure departmental files; policy and procedure
manuals are up to date. What Qualifications you will need:
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Intermediate level computer experience in Microsoft Office,
Excel, Word and internet applications.
- General office experience combined with good communication,
organizational and prioritization skills required.
- At least one year of Secretarial experience, preferably in a
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good communication
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to
follow verbal instructions.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is
a 400 bed acute care hospital in Brandon, FL. We offer many
services including a heart & vascular center, behavioral health
center and a women's center. Our women's center includes a 36 bed
neonatal intensive care unit. We have a reflux center and a
bariatric center. We are dedicated to quality and devoted to our
community. We have been named a top 100 hospital in America many
times. Our intensive care unit has been named a top 100 ICU. Join
our friendly hospital with its caring staff located just south of
Tampa. We are proud of our colleagues who contribute to the care
and services of patients. Whether it is clinical care or our
support staff, everyone has an important role in contributing to
the health of our community. We hope you'll consider a career at
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Department Secretary opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Brandon , Department Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!