Unit Secretary PRN
Company: Brandon Regional Hospital
Posted on: March 27, 2020
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along
Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility
offering a number of specialty services including the Heart &
Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and
minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health
Center, The Women's Center, which includes our Baby Suites and 22
bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a
designated Bariatric Center of Excellence.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program.
Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Unit Secretary acts as the primary clerical resource for the
unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
* Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations
of the unit.
* Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
* Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
* Assembles patient charts.
* Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when
staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding
* Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring
information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other
hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other
* Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer
* Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
* Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
Required Qualifications include:
* Minimum of a High school degree or equivalent required.
* Previous clerical experience.
* Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting
* Strong customer service skills required.
* Familiarity with medical terminology.
* Computer literacy is preferred.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching and some lifting.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Brandon Regional Hospital, Brandon , Unit Secretary PRN, Administration, Clerical , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!