Senior Auditor - Risk
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a Senior Auditor for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days onsite
are resolved between each employee and the employee's manager.
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization. Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Performs risk and control identification and
evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and
conducts client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
- Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
- Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
- Runs day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
- Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when
- Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each
engagement with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
- Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership.
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
- Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members
with continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced team
members to ensure quality and timely completion of audit test
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. 4
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- CIA, CRMA, or other audit related certification
- Experience working in, or auditing second line of defense risk
- Working knowledge of OCC Heightened Standards 12 CFR 30
Appendix D The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 -
$131,400 ( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: Will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Brandon , Senior Auditor - Risk, Accounting, Auditing , Brandon, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!