Chief Operating Officer
Company: Cavendish Farms Corporation
Location: New Port Richey
Posted on: February 19, 2021
YFA is a nonprofit organization that is committed to working in
partnership with communities and our families to create a safe,
nurturing environment for children, and to lead the way in building
a bridge for children to have a stable and loving family. To
this end, YFA is committed to ensuring a dynamic and diverse
leadership team; where every leadership position is expected to
demonstrate the values, we all strive for: inspiration, integrity,
impactful, integrated and innovation.
YFA seeks a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to enhance its operating
capacity and strategy execution as the organization continues to
grow and evolve through the expansion of our Clinical, Housing and
ancillary services and prevention support, and by ensuring we are a
more robust organization, that can play a larger leadership role in
partnering with our communities and our families to create a safe,
nurturing environment for children.
This executive position requires a seasoned, mission-focused,
process-minded, and hands-on individual with experience executing
on vision and strategy through day-to-day operations, business
development, financial oversight, and staff management. The COO
will be the primary strategic and management partner to the Chief
Executive Officer, supporting the aggressive and successful growth
of the company; and will also oversee and execute the operational
functions of the organization.
Reporting to the President, the COO is an integral member of the
senior management team; and will be expected to maintain the
highest professional standards, producing rigorous timely work
product in a timely manner and earning the trust and confidence of
everyone internally and externally with the organization. The
successful candidate will have a high degree of professional
maturity and personal integrity, strong interpersonal skills,
self-motivated, comfortable in an evolving, and growing
organization. S/he must excel in managing finance and operations,
including experience with developing an organization's workflow,
internal communications, and critical business processes. The
successful candidate will be highly collaborative, with an
exceptional ability to listen and foster productive working
relationships among the staff, customers and contractors. Education
- Enthusiasm for YFA's mission and an unwavering commitment to
making YFA a high-performing nonprofit organization.
- Master's degree in related field required, business degree
- Minimum of 10+ years' operational and financial management
experience in a for profit or nonprofit business; 7 years of which
in senior business or program management roles.
- A demonstrated ability and proven track record of success in
developing and sourcing business development opportunities;
designing and executing strategies in support of organization's
growth and expansion vision, in a dynamic, high performing,
results-based environment a plus.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, using sound, independent
judgment and discretion and seeks guidance and feedback where
appropriate - a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized
with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Demonstrated experience with scaling up organizational
- Experience with creating and leading a diverse and energetic
staff, including an ability to motivate individuals and foster team
- Knowledge of human resources and experience setting individual
and team performance goals and evaluating their execution.
- Knowledge of risk-management and the ability to develop effective
risk management strategies.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art organizational development
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a
team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array
of people all walks of life.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to travel on a local and regional basis as required.
- May require extended periods of time at a keyboard. Requirements
As a leader, YFA expects:
- Ability to tackle issues directly and have the crucial, sometimes
- Makes timely decisions that are based upon data and logical
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving techniques
- Ability and leadership finesse to ensure win-win collaborative
- Handle ambiguity in a manner that creates breakthrough
- Lead cross-functional project management programs and build
project management capability amongst the teams
- Ensure the department meets monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal
goals and objectives
- Demonstrate managerial courage
- Be results-oriented while striving for excellence
- Use data, daily visual management and metrics to measure outcomes
and deliverables, and action items in real-time as required
- Demands a high level of accountability of self and others
- Be timely in decision making and communicate clearly
- Delegates appropriately
- Ensure managerial consistency
- Be adaptive and work towards organizational excellence
- Always portraying a positive image of the company
- Promote and reward YFA values
- Inspire others by sharing our values and encouraging new
- Be forward looking and approachable
- Be self-aware and practice humility
- Develop effective and efficient teams delivering high
- Actively mentor, build and support employee/team
- Ability to abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace
of dignity and respect
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group/team setting
- Ability to show respect to others
- Ability to take guidance and direction from supervisors
- Ability to abide by core values and mission statement of the
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites
- Ability to arrive/report to work on time and ready to work
Strategy, Vision and Business Development
- Assist the CEO in achieving YFA's growth and development goals,
in a timely fashion, consistent with the agency's evolving business
plan and its annual budgets.
- Establishes comprehensive knowledge of the organization,
services, communities served, market environments and
opportunities, and utilizes this knowledge to proactively identify
business opportunities that might be suitable for fulfilling
- Strategic leadership in the attainment of YFA's growth and
expansion goals, and promotes them internally and externally, and
implements business development plans to achieve them.
- Successful track record of leading the development of business
opportunities in new, existing and adjacent markets with
demonstrated wins and successes, supported by rigorous reporting
and metrics to track and communicate status and progress. (Business
opportunities include stewarding major funding opportunities,
mergers and acquisitions, and securing grants in excess of
- Proactively prepares and maintains competitive analysis of viable
business markets for the organization. Researches potential
competition on projects the organization pursues. Externally
focused outreach activities to support the growth
and expansion goals.
- Manages multiple teams of internal and external staff resources
responsible for multiple business development opportunities from
concept through operational implementation; and developing project
action plans and required related
- Develop and write proposal responses (i.e. responses to Request
for Proposals (RFPs), Intent to Negotiate (ITN), foundations, and
other philanthropic funders, agency service requests, etc.),
persuasively communicating YFA's mission.
- Adopts a mindset of continuous improvement of processes and
establishes standard work and SOPs.
- Leads a team upon completion of a project to identify lessons
learned, process strengths and weaknesses, and future opportunities
for improvements; and makes changes to existing processes as a
result of these learnings.
- Provide organizational leadership, support, coordination and
communication throughout all operating areas of the agency.
- Participate in board of director meetings as needed, providing
updates to-and seeking feedback from board members on the
organization's operating performance and effectiveness.
- Promote a culture of high performance and achievement, with a
focus on continuous improvement and a commitment to quality, while
ensuring open lines of communication and candid conversations.
- Represent the agency at meetings, conferences, special events,
etc., as requested by the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in maintaining positive relationships with all
client organizations, with all sources of funding for the agency,
with all peer organizations, with all relevant government entities
and representatives, and with the public.
- Work, at all times, to promote and protect YFA's reputation as a
responsible and effective social service agency and to ensure the
efficacy of its programs.
- Assist in the ongoing formulation of the agency's overall
promotional strategy and the development of associated marketing
materials and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and assistance in the development and ongoing
revision of a comprehensive agency business model designed to
achieve financial sustainability within a framework of services
that is aligned with the mission of the agency and consistent with
the business plan developed for YFA.
Management and Operations
- Assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day performance of
all of the functions and activities that are supervised by agency
managers who report to the COO.
- Assist in the ongoing development of needs assessments and
program quality assessment tools to identify next steps and areas
of opportunity for the agency and to support a culture of
continuous quality improvement for all agency services.
- Provide analytical support to Youth and Family Alternatives, Inc.
internal management team including development of internal
management reporting capabilities.
- Oversee the organization's infrastructure requirements, including
appropriate information technology and work environments in across
all Operations sites.
- Directly supervise the VP of Operations and the VP of Behavioral
Health and Prevention.
- Directly supervise any additional agency personnel as assigned by
- Lead the development of a sustainable plan to support targeted,
professional development for Operation's staff.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative
approach, set annual performance and development goals, and ensure
accountability for timely achievement of goals and driving a
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and administer salary
- Ensure all team members receive timely and appropriate training
Finance and Legal Compliance
- Develop a risk management approach that is appropriate for the
organization's scale, mission, and exposures and that enables
effective oversight by the Corporate Compliance Committee and the
- Assume overall budget compliance responsibility for all of the
functions and activities referenced above.
- Assume overall contract compliance for all of the functions and
activities referenced above.
- Report any material deficiencies in any of the areas outlined
above, whether current or anticipated, as soon as identified, and
presents a plan of action to the CEO.
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in the development of agency-friendly
financial management and reporting strategies and in the refinement
of a set of management metrics to predict outcomes.
- Work, at all times, to carry out the fiduciary responsibilities
of YFA and to ensure agency compliance with all applicable rules,
policies, procedures, laws, and regulations. Undertake such other
tasks and responsibilities that are consistent with the position of
COO, as assigned by the CEO. Job Information
- Job ID: 55760325
- Position Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Company Name: Youth and Family Alternatives
- Industry: Child Welfare Standards of Excellence
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master's Degree
- Min Experience: Over 10 Years
- Required Travel: 25-50% Jobs You May Like WM Chief Operating
Officer of Health Plan Services 11 W. 42nd St., New York, New York
10036 (212) 378-0400
Keywords: Cavendish Farms Corporation, Brandon , Chief Operating Officer, Accounting, Auditing , New Port Richey, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!